Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm lucky, I don't really like greasy food. If it's fried, I like it fried crispy and not full of oil, or fried and really, really well drained on kitchen paper. I don't know how people like greasy, soggy food swimming in fat. Even with dressing, I'd rather a vinegary type than a creamy type. I'd much rather those snickerdoodles (which I will make, one day) than some rich creamy torte. I'd rather a slice of delicious sourdough bread than a slice of cake (generally speaking). (Guess where it's dinner-time?
big_smile.png
)

My first Snickerdoodles
wee.gif
. I love them.

Used the recipe by Betty Crocker - exactly as written with one exception. Made these after getting my eyes dilated today - and misread the
1 1/4 inch balls to be 1 1/2 inch balls - took a little longer than 10 minutes to get done. But quite tasty.. recipe should make 48 - I only got 29 really big ones.

My first Snickerdoodles
wee.gif
. I love them.

Used the recipe by Betty Crocker - exactly as written with one exception. Made these after getting my eyes dilated today - and misread the
1 1/4 inch balls to be 1 1/2 inch balls - took a little longer than 10 minutes to get done. But quite tasty.. recipe should make 48 - I only got 29 really big ones.

They look perfect!

I like bigger cookies too.

@ronott1 thanks for the recipe. It is so easy ( even in sunglasses, LOL).

I did use the Crisco and Cream of Tartar as per recipe - not sure I would change anything at all.

I used Ground Saigon Cinnamon - was too strong for my holiday recipes, but very tasty on these.

My first Snickerdoodles
wee.gif
. I love them.

They look delicious! And heck, who is going to complain about a bigger cookie? Not me!

My first Snickerdoodles:weee . I love them. Used the recipe by Betty Crocker - exactly as written with one exception. Made these after getting my eyes dilated today - and misread the 1 1/4 inch balls to be 1 1/2 inch balls - took a little longer than 10 minutes to get done. But quite tasty.. recipe should make 48 - I only got 29 really big ones.
They look fab! Enjoy! And yes, I love them big...I wouldn't call that a mistake! I make mine 2-3 ounce size with is probably about 2-3 tablespoons in size!

Well we could use pray i might be going crazy tonight joshua got his first leg braces today and its been rough since i am the only one he lets hold him and the only one who can get him to sleep. He gets them removed and a new set put on every week for six sets of casting. Its going to be a long binight an possibly a long two months.

I missed this, why is he in braces?
I do wish you both some comfort. I hope he gets used to them quickly and that they do their job perfectly and easily.
You both will be in y thoughts,
Poor guy. Poor you. I hope you get some rest.

Back
Top Bottom