Any Home Bakers Here?

@N F C have a supa quick dessert for a party if what you made doesn't turn out - provided you like bananas

Slice bananas place on tin foil, cover with Baileys and maple syrup and grill serve with whipped sugar cream

Well, now I am hungry....... many thanks you all!

LOL, you're entirely welcome Margie
lol.png

I personally prefer the darker maple syrup over the light...to me, it has more "body" and flavor.

I like the "darker" maple syrup also - but that stuff is more of a walnut color than maple. I will post a pic when I get home. It is amazingly dark. I believe I have 4 shades of syrup at home - from light amber to black walnut. Kinda like the 4 types of cinnamon I have from Penzeys. lol

Thanks fo rthe suggestion @ronott1 ! I plan on making whole wheat bread this weekend, so we will try whole wheat maple bread - bet it will be good for french toast!

I like the "darker" maple syrup also - but that stuff is more of a walnut color than maple. I will post a pic when I get home. It is amazingly dark. I believe I have 4 shades of syrup at home - from light amber to black walnut. Kinda like the 4 types of cinnamon I have from Penzeys. lol

Thanks fo rthe suggestion @ronott1 ! I plan on making whole wheat bread this weekend, so we will try whole wheat maple bread - bet it will be good for french toast!

That does sound like it would make good French toast, let us know!

That's my main problem, there's only me to eat anything.  I would have been quite a good cook, I think, if I'd had people to demolish my offerings (or if I'd been a bigger eater/glutton so that I could polish off cakes by myself :D)

Are maple caramels a bit like treacle toffees (if anyone knows what they are)?

Oh dear. :lol: I love feeding crowds so I often find myself making double batches of everything. Not sure what I'd do if I lived all by myself! Probably get way to overweight!

@N F C have a supa quick dessert for a party if what you made doesn't turn out - provided you like bananas

Slice bananas place on tin foil, cover with Baileys and maple syrup and grill serve with whipped sugar cream
To make a kid version slice the bananas lengthwise and add marshmallows and chocolate chips. wrap in tin foil and bake (or place on the campfire) just long enough to melt the chocolate and marshmallows. yummy .. (also works in the micro in a pinch... like when you want them late at night without the campfire). I will have to try the adult version you suggested...

Back
Top Bottom