Any Home Bakers Here?

We're making pizza. A month or so ago, I tried a new dough recipe. At first I didn't think it was much different than the one I'd been using. But finally, following the directions (who would think to do that, lol), I let it sit in the fridge for a couple of day and that made it really good! Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it. (I don't think I've posted this? If I have, sorry!)

Basic New York-Style Pizza Dough
22.5 oz bread flour
.5 oz sugar
.35 oz kosher salt
.35 oz instant yeast
1.125 oz olive oil
15 oz lukewarm water

1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the bowl of your mixer. With the paddle attachment, mix these dry ingredients together. Add olive oil and water. Run the mixer until it forms a ball that rides around the bowl above the paddle, run mixer a few seconds more (about 30 seconds total).
2. Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice until smooth ball is formed. Divide into 3 even parts and place each in a zip-lock freezer bag (sprinkle a pinch of flour in each bag, shake to coat before putting dough in bags). Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day, and up to 5 days. Remove from fridge, take dough out of bag. Shape dough into a ball and allow to rest at room temp at least 2 hours before using.

One of the nice things about this recipe, is it makes enough dough for three 12" pizzas.

I never get "baconed" out especially if I have a nice big garden fresh tomato to turn into a BLT.
We are Bacon farmers..

Bacon Lasagna
324 (5).JPG

Bacon wrapped ribs
DSC00098.JPG

Bacon sandwiches
DSC00010 copy.jpg
DSC00008.JPG

Too much of a good thing is bad..
These 2 bellies smoked 16 hours..
DSC00003.JPG

older belly shots
DSC00001.JPG
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00028.JPG
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00003.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

@Farmer Connie your bacon lasagna looks amazing!
Mostly ground chuck.. But chunks of bacon crumbles in the ricotta cheese.
It's time to make more home made pasta again too. I have the grandson for the next 5 days. I'll be in the kitchen more. I liked your pizza dough recipe. I cut and pasted it to note book.
wink thumbs up.gif

Mostly ground chuck.. But chunks of bacon crumbles in the ricotta cheese.
It's time to make more home made pasta again too. I have the grandson for the next 5 days. I'll be in the kitchen more. I liked your pizza dough recipe. I cut and pasted it to note book.View attachment 1356913

Have fun with the grandson! Let me know if you like the pizza dough :fl

Back
Top Bottom