Any Home Bakers Here?

I've actually used Fondant before and ended up with excellent results. One cake actually took 2nd place at my county Fair, which kind of blew me away! My only issue is that fondant is kind of bland....pretty, but tasteless. Why can't it be both pretty and tasty!

Your recipe looks really cute! I might have to do it like that just for fun--there's no such thing as too much cake right?!
That is so true!

This is what my lazy butt did
004.jpg

Just the sound of cheese bread makes my mouth water:drool. Is the recipe listed?
Yes! I used aged cheddar instead of Asiago and it is so good!

Cheddar Ciiabata bread.JPG

I used my perforated french bread baking pan

Asiago Ciabatta

Course: Bread
Servings: 2 loaves
INGREDIENTS
Biga (Starter)
  • 1 1/2 cups 6 3/8 oz unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup 1 oz whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup 8 oz water
  • 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast
Dough
  • all of the starter
  • 2 1/2 cups 10 5/8 oz all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup 4 oz water
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
  • 4 oz Asiago cheese diced in 1/4" pieces, plus extra for grating over the top of the bread
INSTRUCTIONS
Biga:
  • Mix all of the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, water and instant yeast with a wooden spoon in a medium-sized bowl until well-blended. Cover the bowl, and leave it at cool room temperature (68°F-70°F) for 12 to 20 hours, until the biga is very bubbly.
Dough:
  • Mix the biga and the remaining dough ingredients, except the cheese, using a mixer. Set on slow speed, for 2 to 4 minutes. Increase the speed to medium and mix for about 4 minutes; the dough should be soft and slightly sticky. Add additional water or flour if necessary. Mix in the cheese; don't worry if some pieces pop out. Allow the dough to rise, in a greased, covered bowl, for 1 to 2 hours, until it's very puffy. Note: You can also mix this dough in a bread machine set on the dough cycle; add the diced cheese several minutes before the end of the final kneading cycle.
  • Put the dough out onto a well-floured surface, and shape it into two long loaves, about 12 x 4 inches each.
  • Form into loaves by folding sides down as pictured. Pinch the back together to seal. Flip over and place the loaves, floured side up, onto parchment paper (if you plan to bake on an oven stone) or baking sheets. Cover the loaves with a greased plastic wrap, and allow them to rise for 45 minutes, or until puffy. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese.
  • Bake bread in a preheated 450°F oven for 22 to 26 minutes, until it's golden brown. Remove it from the oven, and cool on a rack.
  • Recipe Source: King Arthur Flour

I also tried out a new sourdough bread recipe and it worked out great!
2-16-2020 Sourdough bread.JPG

Sourdough Table loaf

310 G bread flour
80 G Whole Wheat
60 G starter
300 G tepid water
10 G salt

Combine First 4 ingredients and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to hydrate flour. Let rest for 20 minutes.

Add salt by sprinkling on dough. Spritz water on top if needed. Work salt into dough—not necessarily kneading Until you do not feel salt.

Cover and let proof for 3 to 4 hours. Every 30 minutes, stretch and fold dough

Use bowl scraper to move dough to floured surface. Roughly shape and turn over. Let rest 20 minutes.

Shape for basket by using stitching to seem and roll over with block scraper. Generously sprinkle flour over top. Put in basket seem side up. Cover with cloth, then put onto plastic bag. Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.

Take out of fridge and let proof While baker is warming up at 450F

Bread goes onto parchment paper and is scored. Move to pre heated baker and bake 20 minutes with lid on. Take of lid and bake 10 minutes

Back
Top Bottom