Any Home Bakers Here?

English Muffins... I like this recipe way better than the fermented recipes that take 16+ hours. The crumb is not as holey as a real English muffin, but the flavor is way better. What I do different in the recipe (yes Bob, I tried it first without modification), is I roll it out to a half inch thickness and then use a 3 1/2" cookie cutter. I re-roll the left overs and keep it up until I'm out of dough.
Use a 3 1/2 cutter for them.
IMG_1513.jpg

Next up are the thumb print cookies.... A Land o lakes recipe...
IMG_1517.jpg

The recipe is here.. https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/20304/savory-parmesan-thumbprints/

My favorite is the balsamic... But depending on what I'm eating, the tomato could be a favorite. The apricot needs to be harvested way sooner than the other two or it turns into leather. But all three are wonderful. and it's a great savory cookie. So Wish I'd followed TIP #1 out of the gate, but I like to try recipes as is first. Using more oil to bring the dough together is a good idea.

English Muffins... I like this recipe way better than the fermented recipes that take 16+ hours. The crumb is not as holey as a real English muffin, but the flavor is way better. What I do different in the recipe (yes Bob, I tried it first without modification), is I roll it out to a half inch thickness and then use a 3 1/2" cookie cutter. I re-roll the left overs and keep it up until I'm out of dough.
Use a 3 1/2 cutter for them.View attachment 2034169
Thanks so much for sharing this video! I book marked the page!

Belgium waffles...
Sorry no pics, went straight into the tummy.
Increase the sugar by 50%... Your choice, but I like them sweeter.
https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/homemade-belgian-waffle-recipe/
I made Belgium waffles the other night. They were yummy! I have one of the flip ones like the motels. I use it about twice a year.
Use a 3 1/2 cutter for them.View attachment 2034169
Nice job!
Then there are the Boston cream filled doughnuts. They are wonderful. But it's best if you can roll them out to 1/2" thickness prior to last rise.
View attachment 2034186

When making the custard, don't walk away... Stir constantly and keep a close eye on it.
Everything looks good!

Next up are the thumb print cookies.... A Land o lakes recipe...
View attachment 2034177
The recipe is here.. https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/20304/savory-parmesan-thumbprints/

My favorite is the balsamic... But depending on what I'm eating, the tomato could be a favorite. The apricot needs to be harvested way sooner than the other two or it turns into leather. But all three are wonderful. and it's a great savory cookie. So Wish I'd followed TIP #1 out of the gate, but I like to try recipes as is first. Using more oil to bring the dough together is a good idea.
That is so interesting! Savory thumbprints! I printed the recipe. I'll try it.

Back
Top Bottom