Any Home Bakers Here?

They were good. Different than what I'm used to but will definitely do again.

We accidentally left the front door open last night which could be why they didn't rise very much.

Hubs really likes the bread and the rolls I made. He says these are heartier than the yeast bread.
I want to try the pancakes with the starter. I love hearty bread.

So, who wants wheat flour?

The only condition is you would have to pay for shipping.
That is very generous of you Jared. I'm good with the 20 pounds I have at the moment though I suspect your fresh ground is likely better than store bought.

There's still a chance of aftershocks. I'm actually in full Panic. I've never experienced an earthquake before. I'm working on calming down.
Yeah it was a big one!!!! Breathe, breathe. Do you know to go to a doorway during the quake? I grew up in So. Cal, experienced plenty of quakes but nothing near that size.

I need a recipe for "I don't know". Second day in a row DD2 gave me that answer. I ate a bowl of cereal, she got POed because I wouldn't play 20 questions and I'm SURE not going to make 2 people's worth of something (which she said I should have done) just to have her say "I don't want that". Kidults :mad:
How old is she?

She'll be 25 in May, her older sister is the same way. Currently ensconced in Canada. I don't know how many times I've told the older one "I don't know how to make "I don't know"". With her is was usually dinner. With her voluntary and "medical" food restrictions she's hard to cook for. The younger one has only become a problem of late since she's not working. Before the Corid layoff she was off on Tue and Fri. She could come up with something she wanted for breakfast twice a week.

@ronott1 I used some starter for sourdough pancakes this morning. I'm going to try a bread recipe using the sponge method to see how I like the texture. The rest of the first loaf is going into the freezer to use in bread pudding when I have enough bread to make another one.
Making an overnight sponge is the best way to make sourdough bread to develop the flavor

Back
Top Bottom