Any Home Bakers Here?

Wait a second. Do you happen to have any of the following?

1955 wheat penny

1943 penny

I ask because the 1955 wheat penny can sometimes have an error. It can be worth up to $700.

a 1943 copper penny is about the same. They switched to steel that year, but some copper slipped through circulation.

If you do happen to have any of these, they can be worth a lot of money. You just need a coin expert to confirm if they're worth a lot.

Jared I only have the zinc 1943 pennies. I do have several 1955 wheat pennies with no mint mark, Denver mint and the Sacramento mint.

I only have 2 of the pennies you pictured in the email. If I get a third one I will give it to you.

I think you might be happier with the outcome.

I was wondering, what consistency is your starter? I made hamburger buns and they spread out like that. They had good flavor but they were too big around and didn't have much lift. Now I'm using a thicker starter and it seems happier. Another thing, does the recipe you're using call for yeast and starter? Adding some yeast can give the loaf more lift.
Adding more flour will help with the rolls. The flour in the recipes are a guide. The stiffer the dough, the better it will do without a pan to hold the form.

Also, look for videos that show the fold method

Your bread is coming along nicely!
Thanks Ron! I used that last recipe you posted with your pretty bread. I forgot to turn it down after 30 minutes. I’m going to try it for breakfast this morning since it didn’t come out of the oven until about 9:00 last night.
I do all my bread in bread pans of some sort
I may try that.
I think you might be happier with the outcome.

I was wondering, what consistency is your starter? I made hamburger buns and they spread out like that. They had good flavor but they were too big around and didn't have much lift. Now I'm using a thicker starter and it seems happier. Another thing, does the recipe you're using call for yeast and starter? Adding some yeast can give the loaf more lift.
The first time I used Ron’s starter it was runnier. I now added more flour then water and it’s much thicker. I haven’t used any yeast.

Jared I only have the zinc 1943 pennies. I do have several 1955 wheat pennies with no mint mark, Denver mint and the Sacramento mint.

I only have 2 of the pennies you pictured in the email. If I get a third one I will give it to you.

No rush. Thanks for the offer.

If I were you, I would show those 1955 wheat penny's to an expert. If one is "doubled died" you could get a LOT of money from it.

Thanks Ron! I used that last recipe you posted with your pretty bread. I forgot to turn it down after 30 minutes. I’m going to try it for breakfast this morning since it didn’t come out of the oven until about 9:00 last night.

I may try that.

The first time I used Ron’s starter it was runnier. I now added more flour then water and it’s much thicker. I haven’t used any yeast.
DigMyChicks, I ALWAYS use 1/4 tsp YEAST and my SDS is on the thick
side. ..and like Penny Jo always a tin to cook. Aria

Back
Top Bottom