Any Home Bakers Here?

Well, I'm one step closer to perfecting my home ground whole wheat bread. I used Aria's recipe for white bread, added a 1/4 cup of vital gluten and I can now fold the slices without them breaking. Taste is great. Texture is wonderful. I need to work on my rolling technique to form the loaf. Oh, and I cooked and prepared the dough consistent with the King Arthur 100% wheat bread recipe.

Ready for the oven
IMG_2380.jpg

Just out of the oven
IMG_2381.jpg
IMG_2383.jpg

But all the recipes for the air fryer say cook for 20 min check then another 20 min keep checking till it's done. It's to frustrating for me.
That seems pretty lame.

My modified recipe does not go into the oven over night
So it doesn't! Silly me, I even opened the page in a separate window so I could find it later knowing I needed to put stuff together around 9 tonight ;) I'm going to substitute whole wheat for half the white flour. Still need to buy the dutch oven.

That seems pretty lame.

So it doesn't! Silly me, I even opened the page in a separate window so I could find it later knowing I needed to put stuff together around 9 tonight ;) I'm going to substitute whole wheat for half the white flour. Still need to buy the dutch oven.

I agree! 300.00 for a toaster is to! Someone needs to come out with a real cookbook for it!

Well, I'm one step closer to perfecting my home ground whole wheat bread. I used Aria's recipe for white bread, added a 1/4 cup of vital gluten and I can now fold the slices without them breaking. Taste is great. Texture is wonderful. I need to work on my rolling technique to form the loaf. Oh, and I cooked and prepared the dough consistent with the King Arthur 100% wheat bread recipe.

Ready for the oven
View attachment 2170486
Just out of the oven
View attachment 2170487View attachment 2170488
The bread looks very good!

Ready for the oven
View attachment 2170486
Just out of the oven
Beautiful. Aria

Ron, Is that Terry Wilson's Recipe ? I like his stuff....but too much work.
And do not think all that stretch-fold-turn over so many hours, so many
times is my "cup of tea". Aria
The recipe is in the index and is called Champlain sourdough bread modified

I folded it every 20 minutes from 7am to 8:20. It was ready for raising then and it raised for an hour and a half after I shaped it.

It is not too much work or time compared to some recipes

Recipe is here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/any-home-bakers-here.921333/post-22540040

I put a pork loin in the oven with potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and a cup of sweet red wine and a cup of chicken broth. Seasoned it with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.

I bought a nutri pot and a nuwave air fryer oven but I am having problems finding cooking times for the air fryer. I bought a cook book for both. But all the recipes for the air fryer say cook for 20 min check then another 20 min keep checking till it's done. It's to frustrating for me. lol So I use it for a toaster. lol

The pork loin sounds amazing!

Ready for the oven
View attachment 2170486
Just out of the oven

Beautiful loaf of bread Bob :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom