Any Home Bakers Here?

Only A Guess.....you need to Score Deeper to let it rise easier. Or...Too hot temperature. I Think the scoring might be a better guess. The loaves look delicious. Aria
Nice bread. How far down do you make the cuts? The bread has to expand as it cooks so its opening up the bottoms to expand. Try doing a deeper cut.
That makes sense (they were baked in a convection gas oven at 400°).
I really need to get a sharper blade to score the loaves, it would make me able to get them in the oven quicker.
Thanks for the help!

But how do you dehydrate yeast?
You dehydrate the starter that contains the yeast . When the starter is good and dry you can break it up with a mortar and pestle until It looks somewhat seeds . The dry starter protects the yeast . I have done this with beer yeast when I was making home brew . Now here with beer, you are getting strait yeast as the beer ages the yeast builds up on the bottom of your bottles . You pour off the beer there and there you have it beer yeast . You can dry it or save it in a small dropper bottle liquid form and refridgerate . I have used both ways . Hears something you won't believe, that you can use beer yeast to make some wonderful pizza crust bread it will impart a flavor depending on what kind of beer you have made and the yeast you are using. I know a secret for making the best elderberry wine I have ever had . It is out of this world . It took me 4 years to figure out what I did the first time I made it . I couldn't figure out what I had changed the second third and fourth time didn't turn out . But then a friend asked me If I had made some of that top shelf wine he wanted to buy some . I wouldn't sell any I just gave him some the first time . Well at that moment I started thinking about what I had done and guess what( Bingo! ) I remembered the missing step . And it's a real gamechanger I use only the wild yeast that is on the berries . Most people use champagne yeast but then you have to use campden tabs to stop fermentation now you are going to get a headache the next day . If you get wild yeast there is a good chance of getting the wrong yeast ( vinegar yeast ) but the missing step killed the vinegar yeast . I avoided this discussion because when I get started I can't stop talking about yeast . It is amazing ! Don't get me started as I have a passion for making every ting from scratch and 40 years ago I got this book and I consider it priceless if .I can find it I will tell you the name and title it's been packed away for many years You may have to remind me later ( old timers disease ) Love, Mark I will probably get all kinds of know it all wizards that's why I keep it to one or two words . If you want to know something send email message I will get back to you .

That's very interesting, can we dehydrate sourdough without the dehydrating machine? :)
You can let it dry on waxed paper. After a couple of days, peel it off and turn it over to dry the other side. break it up and store in a ziplock bag for several years.

The dried starter needs to be rehydrated and bubbling as a liquid though.

Back
Top Bottom