Any Home Bakers Here?

Sourdough starter is in the refrigerator, so as long as I leave her in there, I can’t bake.
Not true. Lots of things can be baked without sourdough,
Apple Cake
Apple_cake_X1144110_01-14-2021-001.jpg

Are you feeling ok?
I'm sorry I haven't been in and didn't read your reply until now.

Good morning Marie :frow Hope life is treating you well 😊. My issues are still bothering me and now I have a new problem. On Monday I was collecting eggs and on my way back and started up the steps when my right knee gave out. I fell backwards and landed on the ground, catching myself with my left hand. I broke my hand in two places. I had surgery on Friday, they put a metal plate and pins in my wrist. Needless to say, it hurts a lo, but I'll get through it like I get through everything else. Thank you for asking about me.

@Grammy60, I hope I'm not out of line for jumping in here...

6 years ago I broke my right wrist. It took a year for it to come back to full use. I'd say it's at 95%, and is as far as it's gonna come back.

What I really wish someone had told me was that I needed to keep moving my elbow and shoulder as well, as much as I safely could. I had to rehab the wrist, obviously, but also the elbow and shoulder, because use it or lose it, and I didn't use it.

I didn't even realize how compromised my range of movement was until I tried to reach back behind my head and turn on the dome light in my car. I couldn't get my hand anywhere near it. I told my physical therapist, and he seemed surprised that the medical doctor hadn't addressed that with me.

Best wishes for a good recovery. Believe me, I know what you're going through. :hugs

Good morning Marie :frow Hope life is treating you well 😊. My issues are still bothering me and now I have a new problem. On Monday I was collecting eggs and on my way back and started up the steps when my right knee gave out. I fell backwards and landed on the ground, catching myself with my left hand. I broke my hand in two places. I had surgery on Friday, they put a metal plate and pins in my wrist. Needless to say, it hurts a lo, but I'll get through it like I get through everything else. Thank you for asking about me.
Ouch, praying for a speedy recovery Grammy.

On Monday I was collecting eggs .......
:(
I don't think you needed or deserved that!!!!

Years ago I broke a backward fall with my right hand. Major sprain and minor break, nothing like yours. It was in a cast to the elbow for some time. I had to learn to push doors open with my fist, straight line to the elbow. Couldn't put pressure on the palm backward for a couple of years.

If my experience is anything like "normal" I'm afraid you are in for a long recovery. Hopefully the major pain will reduce quickly and the more minor pain will be tolerable.

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom