Any Home Bakers Here?

@Grammy60, I hope I'm not out of line for jumping in here...

6 years ago I broke my right wrist. It took a year for it to come back to full use. I'd say it's at 95%, and is as far as it's gonna come back.

What I really wish someone had told me was that I needed to keep moving my elbow and shoulder as well, as much as I safely could. I had to rehab the wrist, obviously, but also the elbow and shoulder, because use it or lose it, and I didn't use it.

I didn't even realize how compromised my range of movement was until I tried to reach back behind my head and turn on the dome light in my car. I couldn't get my hand anywhere near it. I told my physical therapist, and he seemed surprised that the medical doctor hadn't addressed that with me.

Best wishes for a good recovery. Believe me, I know what you're going through. :hugs

Thanks for the great advice, I will remember to do that and talk with the doctor about it as well. Thanks for the hugs 🤗

:(
I don't think you needed or deserved that!!!!

Years ago I broke a backward fall with my right hand. Major sprain and minor break, nothing like yours. It was in a cast to the elbow for some time. I had to learn to push doors open with my fist, straight line to the elbow. Couldn't put pressure on the palm backward for a couple of years.

If my experience is anything like "normal" I'm afraid you are in for a long recovery. Hopefully the major pain will reduce quickly and the more minor pain will be tolerable.

:hugs

Thank you 🤗🤗 I agree with you, didn't need or want another injury 😢. I've never broken anything before and wish I hadn't. I will hope it heal fairly quick, but being my age I don't know 🙄. Less pain would be awesome.

Oh Grammy :( . Please don't jump around to much. It's so easy to fall. I hope you have someone there to help you out :hugs

No jumping around here, just walking normal and my knee gave out 😢. Yes, I have my hubby here to help out. 🤗🤗

Thanks for the great advice, I will remember to do that and talk with the doctor about it as well. Thanks for the hugs 🤗

Thank you 🤗🤗 I agree with you, didn't need or want another injury 😢. I've never broken anything before and wish I hadn't. I will hope it heal fairly quick, but being my age I don't know 🙄. Less pain would be awesome.

No jumping around here, just walking normal and my knee gave out 😢. Yes, I have my hubby here to help out. 🤗🤗

hey, how are you feeling today?

I wasn’t getting notifications so I just finished scrolling threw about 12 pages and now I’m craving fresh bread, pizza apple cake and pretzels. This doesn’t bode well for my diet... :oops:
Especially since I already baked Oreo cheesecake cookies last night...
70265AA5-0141-4CF2-8EF1-9C877AA3C9A9.jpeg

I wasn’t getting notifications so I just finished scrolling threw about 12 pages and now I’m craving fresh bread, pizza apple cake and pretzels. This doesn’t bode well for my diet... :oops:
Especially since I already baked Oreo cheesecake cookies last night...View attachment 2494181

Dang, I really created a monster. I shouldn’t have posted about pretzels, now everyone’s craving them!

Little joke.

I’ll post the recipe I used later.

Good morning Marie :frow Hope life is treating you well 😊. My issues are still bothering me and now I have a new problem. On Monday I was collecting eggs and on my way back and started up the steps when my right knee gave out. I fell backwards and landed on the ground, catching myself with my left hand. I broke my hand in two places. I had surgery on Friday, they put a metal plate and pins in my wrist. Needless to say, it hurts a lo, but I'll get through it like I get through everything else. Thank you for asking about me.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Maybe you need to start using a cane. I have one cane for use while tending the chickens and another in my truck. Please make sure you use your whole arm on the left side. Get well!

Back
Top Bottom