Any Home Bakers Here?

I normally make corn bread in my cast iron skillet. But now there is just The Man and me to eat it, and much of it goes to waste. Today I decided to make it in the muffin tin to make it easier to put in the freezer whatever does not get eaten tonight. We'll see how it goes. I thought it came out of the oven looking pretty good.

View attachment 2667524
I make mine in cupcake pans with liners. It keeps them much fresher than a cake that starts drying out as soon as it is cut. I also add a 1quarte cup of honey to the batter.

I make mine in cupcake pans with liners. It keeps them much fresher than a cake that starts drying out as soon as it is cut. I also add a 1quarte cup of honey to the batter.
Sounds good! But I am in MO and DH grew up on "Southern" corn bread. No sweetening! (I prefer Marie Callendar's style of sweet, cake-like corn bread, sigh!)

I found it! The recipe card was stuck to the back of the Oven Stew recipe. This recipe comes from my mom's recipe box, and she passed when I was 9 years old. I am not sure who Pat is ...

Pat's Sugar Cookies

1 cup shortening (we use Crisco)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup salad oil
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until it is all worked in.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients. It will be slightly crumbly and not a wet dough. If it seems too wet and sticky, add up to 3 tablespoons of flour.

Chill at least 1/2 hour. ( I put the dough in a ziploc bag, but you can just cover the mixing bowl.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll into 1" balls and roll in white sugar. Place 2" apart on parchment covered baking sheet and flatten.

Bake about 12 minutes. You want to see the edges turning brown.

Wait until cool - or mostly cool before eating.

Around Christmas time, I use various colored sugars to roll the cookies in. For Valentines day - I use pink, red and white colored sugars.

I found it! The recipe card was stuck to the back of the Oven Stew recipe. This recipe comes from my mom's recipe box, and she passed when I was 9 years old. I am not sure who Pat is ...

Pat's Sugar Cookies

1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup salad oil
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until it is all worked in.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients. It will be slightly crumbly and not a wet dough. If it seems too wet and sticky, add up to 3 tablespoons of flour.

Chill at least 1/2 hour. ( I put the dough in a ziploc bag, but you can just cover the mixing bowl.

Roll into 1" balls and roll in white sugar. Place 2" apart on parchment covered baking sheet and flatten.

Around Christmas time, I use various colored sugars to roll the cookies in. For Valentines day - I use pink, red and white colored sugars.
Thanks for the recipe!

Pat's Sugar Cookies

1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup salad oil
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Happy you found it. Thanks for sharing. Mom's recipe is the BEST. Aria

Pat's Sugar Cookies

1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup salad oil
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Happy you found it. Mom's recipes are the BEST.
Thanks for sharing. Aria

Back
Top Bottom