Any Home Bakers Here?

I feel it is the taste of each person as to whether you like it or not.

It definitely has a different taste to mayonnaise.
That is so true. We are a 2 jar household: DH won't touch anything miracle whip, I barely tolerate mayonnaise.
DH loved my sisters deviled eggs, they were the best he had ever had. Until I got the recipe and he found out she used Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise. now he won't touch them - which is good because that means more for me.
For Easter this year, I made 6 deviled eggs with mayo, just for him. The rest of the 2 dozen were Miracle Whip based.

That is so true. We are a 2 jar household: DH won't touch anything miracle whip, I barely tolerate mayonnaise.
DH loved my sisters deviled eggs, they were the best he had ever had. Until I got the recipe and he found out she used Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise. now he won't touch them - which is good because that means more for me.
For Easter this year, I made 6 deviled eggs with mayo, just for him. The rest of the 2 dozen were Miracle Whip based.
I wasn’t allowed to have mustard in the house because my husband hated it. He found out there was mustard in potato salad, deviled eggs… 400 pound men don’t usually turn down food, but he’s stubborn! His mother got him to eat it again, and let me have my mustard.
Oh, and he likes Miracle Whip and Hellman’s.

I made more French bread last night, but I forgot to slash it. I don’t know if it’s because I was drinking or because I ran to the kitchen during commercials.
4B787E16-1E00-450E-8745-6D190BA66EF8.jpeg

On the topic of cornbread, I make my great-grandmother's Southern cornbread. I love it with honey! She used to get up at 5 every morning and make a pan for my great-grandpa before work. Here's the very simple recipe:

Mammaw's Cornbread

1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 egg
2 cups buttermilk

Mix all ingredients together and cook in ungreased cast iron skillet at 475 F for 20min

I wasn’t allowed to have mustard in the house because my husband hated it. He found out there was mustard in potato salad, deviled eggs… 400 pound men don’t usually turn down food, but he’s stubborn! His mother got him to eat it again, and let me have my mustard.
Oh, and he likes Miracle Whip and Hellman’s.
I'd be dam@@@ed if hubby would dictate to me what could be in the house! he doesn't have to eat it

Back
Top Bottom