Any Home Bakers Here?

Okay so made another pea salad pasta shells and bacon . put the wonderful dressing I use on it allot.
May have to try the new one
Sweet and Tangy Vinegar Coleslaw

Ingredients

For the Crunchy Coleslaw

• 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
  • 1 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
This is the one I used and am so partial to
Salad Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup vinegar
4 tblsp lemon juice
2 tblsp parsley
1 tblsp sugar
3 tbsp Italian seasoning
3 cloves garlic
4 tblsp fresh black pepper

It's there for me, but try 5992, it's second from the top under Breads, apparently it's an update to the 8687 recipe. Hang on, let me check to be sure I have the right number.

ETA: yes, #5992.
I am all set. Found my #1359 and now #8687. I note there are 2 eggs in the #8687. That is the recipe you used? Thanks. Aria

I clicked the link, and it wouldn't show the recipe unless I signed up. Or signed in. Or signed on the dotted line. Or something. Do you have the recipe? I would love a GF chocolate chip cookie recipe...

I typed "chocolate chick" cookie recipe. I have chicks on the brain, cuz I'm still waiting to hear when I can go pick them up!
I'll find it! It's printed somewhere.

The second to last day of school was cancelled. Why, you may ask?
20210518_084942.jpg

20210517_220108.jpg

20210518_085045.jpg

Those were from 10pm last night. No flooding in our house, luckily, but some people down the street slept in their attics because their floors were 4 feet underwater. Lord have mercy. Welcome to Louisiana!

The second to last day of school was cancelled. Why, you may ask?
View attachment 2676071
View attachment 2676072
View attachment 2676073

Those were from 10pm last night. No flooding in our house, luckily, but some people down the street slept in their attics because their floors were 4 feet underwater. Lord have mercy. Welcome to Louisiana!
Glad you were able to stay dry... I remember when we lived in Alexandria, we got 17" in less than 24 hours, lower lying areas had feet of standing water. We were lucky, who ever built our house built it on the highest piece of ground in the city and still did peer and beam raising it another 4'. We were the only ones in our neighborhood that didn't take in water.

Ron I have #1359 your 3 loaves and now I have #8687 your 3 loaves. The 8687 has 2 eggs.
Thanks Aria
Both recipes work! Adding eggs will up the protein and make the crumb softer.

With my recipes, the amount of flour is a range since moisture content of the flour will change the amount needed. It is best to go by feel.

Back
Top Bottom