Any Home Bakers Here?

I am baking a loaf of Pullman bread today and starting a new batch of heirloom drinkable yogurt called piima.

I have been making piima for 5 years now, using a bit of the old batch to culture the new one. Sadly I used just sour milk yesterday and the batch was ruined! Luckily I had another packet in the freezer.

Here's to another five years of piima!
I have a kefir culture going that I think I’ve had for about 5 years. I bought it from a guy in Germany, I think I paid $20 for it, he sent one little grain in one of those tiny zip lock bags ( like you see drug dealers on tv use) inside a regular envelope. I nurtured it with tiny amounts of milk for a couple of weeks before we could actually have a glass. We have a glass almost every night with dinner.

I have a kefir culture going that I think I’ve had for about 5 years. I bought it from a guy in Germany, I think I paid $20 for it, he sent one little grain in one of those tiny zip lock bags ( like you see drug dealers on tv use) inside a regular envelope. I nurtured it with tiny amounts of milk for a couple of weeks before we could actually have a glass. We have a glass almost every night with dinner.
The piima took about 24 hours to thicken but is going again!

I might need to order a new packet to keep a backup.

I drink 5 oz of piima on most mornings.

That sounds NEAT. Similar to getting Sourdough Starter. I got my SDS from Ron September 2016 and
Ron has helped me keep it alive and well. Have been very grateful...being introduced to Sourdough Baking which has become a great
pleasure to me. Aria

That sounds NEAT. Similar to getting Sourdough Starter. I got my SDS from Ron September 2016 and
Ron has helped me keep it alive and well. Have been very grateful...being introduced to Sourdough Baking which has become a great
pleasure to me. Aria
:love

My Mom asked me for some sourdough. She is going to get one of my Nephews into baking soudough bread

pleasure to me. Aria
Oh me too Aria! I used Penny’ recipe and made my own starter. I can’t buy bread anymore!

Back
Top Bottom