Any Home Bakers Here?

Hey guys, I came across an interesting cookbook, and I would like an opinion before I get it for my mother.

It’s by some French guy named Escoffier, and it’s called “Le Guide Culinaire.”

What do you think?
Escoffier was a great name in modernizing traditional French cooking. You haven't heard of him because he died in 1935. He brought discipline and order to the French kitchens. I suggest you get this book for yourself, Jared, and see what you think of it. If you love it, then order a copy for your mother.

Escoffier was a great name in modernizing traditional French cooking. You haven't heard of him because he died in 1935. He brought discipline and order to the French kitchens. I suggest you get this book for yourself, Jared, and see what you think of it. If you love it, then order a copy for your mother.
Amazon does have it in English.

Hey guys, I came across an interesting cookbook, and I would like an opinion before I get it for my mother.

What do you think?
Thanks Jared!

I will have to check that book out.

Jared that gives you some thought. Does your mother want REAL OLD RECIPES. Since he died in
1935? Good luck. Aria

I Googled it, as I'd never heard of it before.

"When Georges Auguste Escoffier published the first edition of Le Guide Culinaire in 1903, it instantly became the must-have resource for understanding and preparing French cuisine. More than a century later, it remains the classic reference for professional chefs."

Assuming you'd get a translation, I think it would be interesting to read, just to find out about cooking in the early part of the 1900s. If that kind of thing interests your mom, yup, I'd get it for her.

I think I’ll take that advice and try and get it for myself first. I’ll see what I think of it.

I will let you all know how it goes,

Jared

I think I’ll take that advice and try and get it for myself first. I’ll see what I think of it.

I will let you all know how it goes,

Jared
If you love it, I may get one for myself too! I just bought a cookbook by Molly Yeh. I watch her on TV as often as I can and I really enjoy her style and her recipes.

Back
Top Bottom