Any Home Bakers Here?

I was told years ago, if you want red frosting, you have to buy a certain gel type where you dip a toothpick in and used very little. I use Wilton brand. It works if you want red and not pink.
What flavor of cake did you make?

Wilton makes the gel coloring.

It is super good.

It takes just a dot of the gel to get the color you want.

Wilton makes the gel coloring.

It is super good.

It takes just a dot of the gel to get the color you want.
Yeah, that's what I use and mentioned in my post when I want a specific color. My issue is that I never used enough of the whole kit I bought and so eventually they all dried out. They are expensive, but fun to give a try. I don't bake many cakes anymore since my kids are grown and when I do, I rarely frost them if it's just for us. šŸ˜Š

Good morning! I shaped the sourdough loaves and theyā€™re on their counter rise before going in the fridge while Iā€™m gone.
View attachment 2980997
One ended up being a little smaller than the other, whoops :lau

Have a great day everyone!
It looks good!

If the plastic wrap sticks, sprinkle some white rice flour over the top of the dough next thime.

Morning bakers! 13 degrees here this morning with snow. Not sure how much, I'll know when I go out shortly to take care of the chickens. Looks like maybe 3 inches.

I'm ready for spring. When it's January and it snows it's fun. Too cold to do much anyway but in February it's like, Don't SNOW! It's so close to early spring that you can feel it in your bones.

Made a batch of sugar cookies yesterday. No baking plans today but I am making roast beef for my husband and oven fried chicken for me for dinner tonight.

And wishing all the snow would melt.

Back
Top Bottom