300 gyogurt
200 mlsour cream
400 mldouble cream
food starch1-2 teaspoon
1 Pck.vanilla sugar
150 gsugar
2lemons
Dough
Mix flour with baking powder, mix the other ingredients and carefully incorporate the flour mixture, backe in a 8x12 “ baking pan lined with baking paper at 350 f for 20-25 minutes
Cream filling
Mix jell-o with 50g sugar and 250 ml water, let sit there for at least 10 minutes, then heat, but don’t boil, and let it cool off
Whip double cream with the food starch until it forms soft peaks
Mix the sour cream with the yogurt, rest of the sugar , vanilla sugar and juice pressed from the lemons, mix until smooth, stir in cooled jell-o and put into the refrigerator
As soon as the filling starts to firm up ( can take up to 1 hr) carefully put in the whipped double cream with a spoon, don’t stir!
Pour onto the baked cake and put into the refrigerator for at least 3 hrs

you can use another envelope of jell-o to pour a top onto the cake, when it’s cooled off, after that, put into the refrigerator again
Chocolate leaves also look great as decoration

I personally don’t use jell-o , too much artificial coloring and what not in there. I soaked 12 sheets of gelatin in cold water, then gently heated it ( don’t boil) mixed it with 125 ml lemon juice and 125 ml apple juice and then went on with the recipe

In germany we have round baking pans where you have a ring around it which you can remove, I used a 28cm one

21 and overcast. Expecting severe weather the next three days, up to half an inch or more of ice on the roads. Everything is shutting down. The bank DH works at and the clinic I was at earlier today all shut down early. Don't know about the bank, but the clinic is shuttered until Monday, as are all schools in the area.

Where in southeast Missouri do you live?

I used to live in Paducah, Kentucky.

View attachment 2982090View attachment 2982093
For our anniversary, I made a lemon yogurt cake, since I’m still not good at standing for longer stretches, I made it quite simple, it was delicious anyways
The sourdough cake sounds amazing, but the last 5 or 6 years, I can no longer consume cocoa products without lash back , a simple cocoa stops my digestion in a very unpleasant way ( also to others 😳) so I can’t eat stuff like that anymore, and I do used to love eating chocolate:(
Yum.
Happy anniversary!

It has to do with the ratio of the availability of food (the flour) to the eaters (the starter). Too much starter and the flour is devoured before the bread can rise. Not enough carbon dioxide is able to form to make the bread rise because there’s just too much starter eating the flour. Instead of a nice sourdough yeast taste, you get a super sour, lactic acid taste.
Thank you! That makes sense. And it gives me the courage to tinker with my recipe a bit. So far, it hasn't risen much, and I'd like a little bit more poof. It's GF, though, so I'm not expecting a lot of poof.

Back
Top Bottom