Any hope this is a pullet?

Roseynose

Songster
Apr 7, 2022
This is Pikachu the Buff Bantam Cochin. I think around 3- 4 weeks old. Any hope this is a pullet? The comb and waddles popping up have me worried. My city doesn't allow roosters, and I don't want to just give him/her up. Also any chance a bantam Cochin rooster might not be noticable if kept in a coop at night? we also live close to a loud busy street that could drown out chicken noise maybe? And Do Cochin bantams roosters crow alot? Thanks In advance for sharing your knowledge and opinions. 🐔🌼🌻
IMG_20220414_160447433.jpg
IMG_20220414_160549945.jpg
IMG_20220414_160533832.jpg
IMG_20220414_160623078.jpg

Well Pikachu is my sons favorite chicken and I'm attached to all the chickens. I don't even know how to re-home a rooster. I'm going to attempt insulating the coop in hope to give it a bit of sound proofing. The coop is going between the house the neighbors shed and our garage which should dampen sound a bit too. Fingers crossed no one will complain and report him once he is crowing age.

Well Pikachu is my sons favorite chicken and I'm attached to all the chickens. I don't even know how to re-home a rooster. I'm going to attempt insulating the coop in hope to give it a bit of sound proofing. The coop is going between the house the neighbors shed and our garage which should dampen sound a bit too. Fingers crossed no one will complain and report him once he is crowing age.
Problem is, 1) roosters don't only crow in the coop and 2) you need to make sure there is enough insulation so sound proofing seems pointless. The best way to rehome is to post him in Craigslist, nextdoor,Facebook, ect.

Problem is, 1) roosters don't only crow in the coop and 2) you need to make sure there is enough insulation so sound proofing seems pointless. The best way to rehome is to post him in Craigslist, nextdoor,Facebook, ect.
And 3) Insulation could potentially make it too hot and stuffy. Coops need lots of ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom