Any I dea on what Bucky's cross is?

M To The Maxx

Baseball+Girls=Life
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Lutz,FL
This is Bucky my BR roo cross. What is the cross? The pics are a couple weeks old and he has some new feathers so I will post an updated pic of him tomorrow. Here are a couple old pics though from a couple weeks ago.

37500_sdc10390.jpg

37500_sdc10387.jpg

He could be all Bared Rock. I know that he is showing a lot of White but that could just be the way it was bread..
Now remember the first White Rocks where a sport of the Bared Rock... He also could be a Bared Rock / White Rock cross. I herd that some breeder of BR's to clean up the barring would cross a BR rooster with White Rock hens then cross some of the offspring back to the BR... Or even could be a Buff Rock Bared Rock Cross..

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Was the BR the roo or hen? My roo has yellow legs and yours has white.

The BR was the hen, I didn't notice the leg color when I posted, but I still think he is a sexlink cross, maybe with a yellow legged breed like RIR,NHR, or Buff Rock.

IMO, after having many BR roo over whatever crosses hatched from my flock, I believe he is BR crossed with just about anything, Buff Orp, RIR, etc. It's really impossible to say, but I'm positive about the BR part.

Back
Top Bottom