Any I dea on what Bucky's cross is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by M To The Maxx, Dec 1, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    This is Bucky my BR roo cross. What is the cross? The pics are a couple weeks old and he has some new feathers so I will post an updated pic of him tomorrow. Here are a couple old pics though from a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I'd say a Buff Orp X Barred Rock cross sexlink, for some kind of sexlink anyway. Here are my 5 month old BO X BR cross roos.
    [​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Was the BR the roo or hen? My roo has yellow legs and yours has white.

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Is there such thing as a Silver Leghorn? If so, I would say BR X SL.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    He could be all Bared Rock. I know that he is showing a lot of White but that could just be the way it was bread..
    Now remember the first White Rocks where a sport of the Bared Rock... He also could be a Bared Rock / White Rock cross. I herd that some breeder of BR's to clean up the barring would cross a BR rooster with White Rock hens then cross some of the offspring back to the BR... Or even could be a Buff Rock Bared Rock Cross..

Chris

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Was the BR the roo or hen? My roo has yellow legs and yours has white.

The BR was the hen, I didn't notice the leg color when I posted, but I still think he is a sexlink cross, maybe with a yellow legged breed like RIR,NHR, or Buff Rock.

7. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I will get an updated pic of Bucky after school.

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

IMO, after having many BR roo over whatever crosses hatched from my flock, I believe he is BR crossed with just about anything, Buff Orp, RIR, etc. It's really impossible to say, but I'm positive about the BR part.

10. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:That roo has whtie legs not yellow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by