Any idea what breed she is?

tfranks

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013

The lady i bought her from told me she was a "purebred" and i could show her if i wanted. She told me the breed but i only remember it started with a b. i can't find any b breeds that look like this on the internet though. Any help is appreciated.

She looks Partrige Rock to me. She is Pretty chicken and may do good in local show or 4-H, but I think she is far from Rock standard and will not do very well on big show.But that's only my opinion.

Barnvelder?
She's not quite right for that either.
but the dark feathering on the head & neck are barnvelder-ish
breast feathers look Wellsummer or Brown Leghorn
Partridge Rock would have more pattern - multiple lacing
Barnie should be double laced
a different camera angle might help
just guessing...

She's kind of the brown leghorn/red dorking color, but not quite. Could also be partridge rock, but also not quite right. Need more views -- it's hard to tell her body type and blockiness from just this view.

Thanks all for the input. After looking at pics of your suggestions i'm definitely leaning toward partridge rock although i don't think she's "purebred", probably a mix. I have 2 like this and they rule the roost. top of the pecking order. They also handled the move to my coop very well. I was told all my chickens would quit laying eggs for a few days after the move due to stress, but those 2 never quit laying. One of my white ones (wyandotte, sex link mix) actually laid a shelless egg in the box when i was bringing them home, i'm assuming due to stress, and all the white ones quit laying for a few days.

Thanks again for the help.
tfranks

Back
Top Bottom