ANY IDEAS my baby ducky is sick

streemers

Songster
11 Years
Oct 13, 2008
port orchard,WA
i heard a bunch of peeping and looked in the brooder and 1 baby buff was on her back. i tried to stand her up and she could hardly walk at all. then she took a nap so a little later i went to check on her and she was on her back and when i tried to stand her up she just fliped back over onto her back. any ideas what could be going on?

aww!
hit.gif
hope she'll be okay!
fl.gif

baby duck and waterfowl feed. i did start using horse stall pellets yesterday and they all have been pecking at them but she is the only one acting odd

I had mine at 90 - and they were still cold (cause they kept getting a little wet in the water dish - so I upped the temp to 95 and it helped.

I know everyone says they don't need to be that warm, but that solved my problem, it doesn't hurt to try it.

I would really like to hear this, It sounds like something one of my ADULT drake mallards had happen, OVERNIGHT,...sadly he died a day later
sad.png

well we now beleave she was having seizures. she was shaking violently with her head cocked to 1 side and she couldnt walk. this morning she stopped eating and drinking:( so now i have 1 less buff:(

Back
Top Bottom