Any Ideas

Bigg Red

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 8, 2009
Hello, need help identifying some new birds. I got the small hen about two months ago at auction. I thought when I got her the gal at the auction called her a "milliford" (unknown spelling). I have tried to google several different spellings but the only thing I come up with is an Asian chicken food dish. She is small. I then went back to the auction last weekend and saw a small rooster that looked just like my hen (besides being a boy of course) so I had to have him. All the gal at the auction told us was that he was a Japenese Rooster. Again unable to find anything similiar that looks like they do. Sorry about the pics used an older camera phone. The rooster is harder to see but he looks just like she does but is the boy version.
Millie.jpg

ford.jpg

Last edited:
Ok working on pics now. they some how show up on our computer. Will fix ASAP thanks

Do your birds have feathered legs or really short clean legs? Do they have beards/muffs? What color are they? I would almost hazard a guess that when you were told "milliford" it was actually "mille fleur". Mille fleur is a color commonly seen in D'Uccles and some hatcheries even sell their D'Uccles by the breed name "Mille Fleur" rather than D'Uccle. D'Uccles have feathered legs, beard/muffs, single comb, and an upright stance. The mille fleur color is a dark buff to red base color with black and white spots but that is just one color of D'Uccle. Japanese bantams are clean legged, very short legged, single combed, and a high tail carriage. Common colors in Japanese include white, black, black tailed white, black tailed buff, mottled, and grey.

Wow you described them perfect. they do have feathered legs and stand up right. They are light/brown buff colored with black and white dots (almost look like eyes). Thanks

Back
Top Bottom