Any last ditch efforts you have up your sleeves?? (9-3-11 update)

Glad she's feeling somewhat better today. She's lucky to have such a caring owner.
smile.png

Happy to hear she is feeling much better. You gave such great support during this tough time !
clap.gif

Today I am going to get the meds that was on a post, the hypericum, and the Curcumin. BUT, they were all in the coopthis morning, not happy I was later than normal to let them out , and the injured hen was still in her night time crate, and they were all just standing there. SO, I let her out........nothing but she pushed 2 hens out of the way to get to the food. No notice of her from the others. Of course all they wanted was out but still.....

SO....thought why not try to let her out with them.....well, so far a few dirty looks, and a soft peck to say who is still boss. Now the main aggressor, was staring her down, so I chased her down, and put her in the outsdide crate until at least after my shopping. I can be back home, and see how the pecking order is going?

She still limps, and running is not good, but hopefully with the meds, she can live a normal crate free life.

Will update after meds are administered today! Please wish us both luck, so we both can be chicken stress free for a bit !!

UPDATE :
No difference from the meds. that I can see. Was hoping it would be my answer, her answer. Will crate her before work. They are really chasing her, and she keeps walking behind my legs, as if to ask for protection. Feel so bad for her. Just wish she had a buddy to hang out with.

Who knows......??? I sure have no answers.....

Last edited:
Your such a caring Mom (to your chickens)! In time they will sort things out! Glad she is doing better.
D.gif

Thank you all.....

Today, I did what I did the last 2 days...opend up her night time crate, and the others acted as if she was there the entire time, no issues....

Let them out, and we had a tractor show to go to today about an hour out of town. Was concerned but let her stay out of the crate, and with the rest of the flock.

Came home to find her in the coop, the others in the shaded area of the run.

Took them fresh COLD water as it is almost 100 degress here. They peck here and there and every once in awhile they chase her. Gave her another dose of meds, and will start a regular schedule of them in a week as I have 9 days of from my fulltime job !!!
wee.gif

Still will work my other, but it is only 20 hours a week, so I can see her alot, and keep an eye on her. She is no better, but she eats, drinks, poop is fine,and she is laying an egg a day. Can't give up on that!

Maybe she will always have a limp?? Tonight will be a true test, as to whether she can get up on the roost, and whether they will allow her too??

So....I feel am making progress at least in one area. Have no clue if she is in pain, but she is acting okay, just gimpy??

Back
Top Bottom