Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Great video! That is an awesome size egg too! I have opened the boxes on 2 occasions and happened to catch the hen right as she stood up and it plopped out just like this. I love how warm they are, nice to get them before they get all dirty too! Was it hard to post it to youtube?
It took a little while to download but really pretty easy :)

Let me know if this works :) It's our poodle playing with the girls

Oh my heck, I love this!!! Love how the chickens chased after her, like a game they have figured out! I love how green everything looks! I want green again! Your coop is *B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L*!!

Oh my heck, I love this!!! Love how the chickens chased after her, like a game they have figured out! I love how green everything looks! I want green again! Your coop is *B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L*!!
Nuts. I can't find that link. YT says they can't find it.

Today is my second day of getting 2 eggs. They are still tiny but now my count is up to a total of 10.

Thank you! We lucked out so far no snow but I wont say we're in the clear yet :( Thank you on everything else :) My husband built it for me from a picture I showed him. Can't wait til warmer weather to finish painting it! Our poodle is a character, wasn't sure how this would play out :/ But Dolly loves everyone, this really surprised me LOL

Nuts. I can't find that link. YT says they can't find it.

Today is my second day of getting 2 eggs. They are still tiny but now my count is up to a total of 10.
Super, don't worry those eggs are going to get bigger sooner than later. I am on WW to lose the 20 winter pounds I have put on, thank goodness I'm 5'9" and can somewhat deal, but feeling like a slug. That combined with falling, I'm a mess. Any way,, I just started, and the reason I bring this up is that one serving egg for 2 points is a 50g egg. For those of us weighing their eggs, 50g is pretty darn small! I had been frying up 2 of my red sex link 85g eggs! bleeeck... I got myself into this mess, I guess I'm going to have to get myself out!

Congrats on the 10 eggs Knobby!

MB

Last edited:
While I am stressing about my hens. I had nothing else to do than build a homemade incubator. (I know I ordered one already but I had the materials just sitting here. ) Its a still air incubator on a test run with 7 eggs. 6 blue copper marans that I ordered which game before my incubator and one from one of my hens. I am on day three.

Wow, I will be very excited to hear how this is going USVI. Please keep us updated, ang GOOD LUCK with your hatch....

Super, don't worry those eggs are going to get bigger sooner than later. I am on WW to lose the 20 winter pounds I have put on, thank goodness I'm 5'9" and can somewhat deal, but feeling like a slug. That combined with falling, I'm a mess. Any way,, I just started, and the reason I bring this up is that one serving egg for 2 points is a 50g egg. For those of us weighing their eggs, 50g is pretty darn small! I had been frying up 2 of my red sex link 85g eggs! bleeeck... I got myself into this mess, I guess I'm going to have to get myself out!

Congrats on the 10 eggs Knobby!

MB
Yikes, 50g is small. I have one of the 10 that weighs 50g, the rest are smaller. Good luck on WW. I've been through that. Coinkydink, I'm 5'9" also.

We have just brought home 3 Americauna hens. They are 5 1/2 months old. Waiting for them to start laying. They are gorgeous girls & very sweet. They hardly make a sound - even when my silly terrier was yipping around them. We put a blown out egg in their nesting box tonight. Maybe we will get lucky!!

Was this the 1st squat you have seen??
Mine squatted today, too!! No eggs song and no eggs for us, yet.

Yep, first squat was yesterday. No eggciting update for today
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom