1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

any one with pics of Lavender Wyandotte s

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pinkwindsong, Sep 1, 2011.

1. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    hi I bought a pair of lavender Wyandotte they are 4 weeks old I would love to see pics of adult birds// Please show them off

thanks )O(
    Pink

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I don't think I've ever heard of lav Wyandottes. I'd love to see them.

3. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Wasn't aware of any, most likely and early cross from an Orp project as well. I too would like to see them when you get an opportunity

4. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

5. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    I had some for a while but my stock all got murdered out by coons. Here was my pics of my young stock I had last year. A select few had them I might go back and ask for a few young birds It might be something I work on again someday... I had Wyandotte X Wyandotte I just some how had the gene in my blacks and discovered it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    I would love to see if any others have Lavender Wyandottes!

7. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    YUPPP'ers thats what my pair look like too.. and ya know for the life of me I cant remember the name of the man I bought them from at the Chickenstock... hopefully he will be at the spring chickenstock too.. they are goiing fast and healthy.. and really getting good personalities and gentleness...

)O(

If and When I find out the mans name Ill pass it on. he has got a breedeing program set up...

)O(Pink

8. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Awwwww that pic of the chicks with the baby pig is so precious [​IMG] !!!!! That should be pic of the week!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  9. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    Found this old thread, maybe some of you are still here, or there is more info out there.

I just picked up 6 Lav Wyandotte chicks, with 6 Blue Wyandotte Chicks.

My understanding is that the Blue Wyandotte carrier the Andalusian Blue gene, blue / black / and splash. Is the Lavender the same type of gene, or does the Lavender breed true?

10. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Lav to lav should breed true.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by