Any other Catholics out there?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tanichca, May 28, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:And we have a quote from Sheen! I agree. I find the zeal of many Christian churches to be exhilarating.
    Little story: My Dad was raised Athiest and anti-religion, but when he met my mom, was a Christian because he said that he always could feel that there is something bigger than him. She was Catholic, she helped to convert him (along with some priests, books, and a CCD class gone wrong) ... and now they have 10 kids, and he is one of the most looked-up to men in our community. And he is awesome. [​IMG]

2. theghostandmrchicken

theghostandmrchicken Chirping

Mar 26, 2011
    I just finished reading his "Rome sweet Home" book and found it interesting how when he was a basic Christian he was finding the answers in the Catholic Church and not within his own denomination.

3. TiaView

TiaView Songster

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    The Bible teaches us to look at God ALONE, not any religion, or man, but Christ alone. The Catholic church spends a lot of time with Saint worship and putting men (that cannot marry) between us and God. Not to mention Mary. They have us looking at mere men, not God alone. That was just one of the reasons, but a big one.

4. pen

pen Chirping

Mar 28, 2011
    I am also Catholic but I work at a Methodist church. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic grade school and high school. I too love some of the tradition behind the mass and feel lost when I miss Sunday mass. I pray everyday that my children will have a relationship with GOD whether or not they choose the Catholic faith.[​IMG]

5. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Songster

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic elementary school and taught in that same school later in my life. My husband of 19 1/2 years became Catholic this year. Never pressed him - he did this of his own accord and kept it secret from me for a while. I love the traditions of the church, but more importantly I love the faith and support of that faith that I find when I go to Mass or pray. Can't help feeling closer to God when you are looking for comfort or ready to rejoice!

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:Well, we do not and never have and never will worship saints. Or Mary. They are people who followed Christ's pristine example, and so we study their lives and give them respect because they are our role models. As for our priests? Well, every person has a different interpretation of Christ's words. It can get a little troublesome, with all those people arguing whether He meant this or that when he said something. So the Church Hierarchy interprets scripture, tradition, and ideas, debating constantly, until they come to a consensus. Then, the ideas come down the line, to the priest, who can tell it to the people. We all agree, we all get along.
    One can never follow Christ perfectly, because He is God and we are but men. One can however follow the examples of those who have tried to follow and are now glorified with him.

7. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:Maybe you could try going to mass, if you cant on Sunday, during the week. Or try a Eucharistic Adoration! (I find those so spiritually fulfilling, and I get to go tomorrow for an hour!!!)

Quote:[​IMG] agreed! Thats great about your hubby... God bless you both!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: