Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
At least we don't have raccoons, hawks, coyotes, snakes, bears, weasels, opossums etc, etc. ETC!
Pretty lucky we live Hawaii 🌴😎🤙
Plus you are in a very exceptional spot @raingarden ... and you seem like a pretty smart and resourceful person.
I don't know anyone who has had a big problem with mongoose but there are a few folks from the BI and Maui that may have had to do some battles. Maybe they will chime in or you can start a specific thread.
The only predator I have to worry about is loose dogs and my chickens would have to be in the wrong spot to get harmed... and they do and it has happened. 🤦‍♀️🐔

Take some photos, draw some plans up. I'm curious to see what you come up with.
Thank you!

Sell what you bought ... Rain proof/roof a section with a plastic dog house elevated on a table (coop) the rest I would put some kind of netting or chicken wire (tall enough you can walk under) to keep them in, they will attempt flying over that fence. They'll dig up that ground real fast, hopefully the drainage is good, otherwise "horse" pellets will absorb moisture and act as ground cover. Have fun ....

Aloha,
Anyone know of or have Silkie hatching eggs for sale? I live on Maui, willing to pay for shipping. Looking for good quality, bearded/any colors. Thank you!

(If anyone has any recommendations on where to order from online please let me know as well!)

Aloha,
Anyone know of or have Silkie hatching eggs for sale? I live on Maui, willing to pay for shipping. Looking for good quality, bearded/any colors. Thank you!

(If anyone has any recommendations on where to order from online please let me know as well!)
Might have luck with Asagi Hatchery. They are Hawaii local, though not sure if they will ship to Maui.

Aloha,

Mcmurray Hatchery will ship to Hawaii with free shipping for 15 or more chicks.

Hey! I live in Hilo! Fancy that we should live on the same island! I'm new to BYC and got a couple chickens just a couple months ago! Drop me a line sometime.
big_smile.png
Aloha!
I live in Hilo. Near The zoo.. Aloha

Back
Top Bottom