Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
They have a fan they sell seperate at Dells, we probably will go with that if we decide to hatch more eggs. Right now they're cozy enough in the homemade bator lol

Hope your coming hatch goes well
thumbsup.gif

Hi everyone,
I canʻt believe I just now found this thread. I live in Kahaluʻu (near Kaneohe) on the windward side of Oahu.
Iʻm a newbie. My girls (speckled sussex) are 19 1/2 weeks and Iʻm eagerly awaiting my first egg.
I thought for sure it was going to be this morning. Clack was in the nesting box for the first time, and Cluck had her head in the opening. THey were that way for a couple of hours. It was funny because Clack couldnʻt get out because Cluck was blocking the opening. But only poop when I finally shooed them out. Ugh.
Soon I hope to have my $400 egg!

Hello from Kansas! LOL. I thought I'd come take vacation in the island threads for a bit
big_smile.png
But seriously, my wife and I are tired of Kansas and she is thinking about doing some travel nursing this spring. Hilo and Kona are among our first choices. Really the point will be to find some place we'd rather live and I thought what better way to begin than meeting some more peeps. So, hello and may I say... Brrrrrr.

Aloha Justinwrites! Ah, good decision on the island! I'm in Volcano (moved from Hilo recently) but born and raised on the island. If you like the outdoors, the Big Island is the place for you! Lots of hiking, beautiful beaches, and nice snorkeling. It's 74 degrees in Hilo at the moment if that isn't enticing enough.
smile.png

Welcome to the islands and I hope you'll end up staying!
Aloha,
Joan

Well thanks! A big obstacle between us and Hawaii was just surpassed. Fingers crossed. I'm glad to hear the hiking is good. That was a concern I had about being on an island. Here in the middle of the continent the trails, when you find them, are quite long -- granted the great trails are a long drive away from Kansas too.

Last edited:
Quote:
No worries about trails. You can just keep walking around the island continually.
big_smile.png
Hope to see you and your wife in the islands soon!

Back
Top Bottom