Any other Stephen King fans?

My favorites are of course the Dark Tower series... but before he confirmed it, I was finding bits of other books even in his early dark tower series and found it very interesting. How can you build up a long saga like that, with dozens of other stories intertwined without loosing your mind?! Ok, maybe he's crazy, but it's impressive. I have a hard enough time completing 1 story, let alone the two a year he pumps out.

Quote:
I love that movie!! Can watch it over and over.
thumbsup.gif

I have read alot of his older novels when I was younger. He wrote a medievil type story which I enjoyed. Can't think of the name of it though. I may still have it some place. Also I a story about a dog, not Cujo, a different one. That was a good one also.

Was it Eye of The Dragon? I read it also but for the life of me, I can't remember the name.

Stephen King is a writer who doesn't get much credit for being as good as he is. I think that because he writes horror mainly, people underestimate how skilled he is.

I love the way that he can make you identify with a character within just a few pages. How the heck does he do that?

Quote:
How about The Regulators? That's a tie in with Desperation.

The Stand will always be my favorite King book. The Green Mile my fav. movie made from one of his books. The actors did such a great job in that movie; I loved John Coffee and HATED that cruel little twit Percy!!! I recently reread Apt Pupil from the Different Seasons collection. That short story creeped me out, because it was so realistic!

I have been a King fan since I was 14.
big_smile.png

My senior thesis, required for graduation, was on King and his Vampires.
cool.png

I got an A+ and still have that paper 25 years later.

First book was Salem's Lot. Been hooked ever since. Have read everything he's published.
Just finished "Just After Sunset" last week.
Favorite has to be "The Stand"
Most intriguing "Gerald's Game"
Haven't really cared for any of the movies, but I have watched them.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom