Any pictures of chicken dissection?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lobzi, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my hens just died. I wanted to see if I could tell what killed her. I opened her up and cant tell without reference. I did take some pics which I can share but I didnt want to post. There is something really large that might be her heart. Can anyone help me with this?

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. tridentk9

tridentk9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2014
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Many of us on BYC do like necropsy pictures, so I would post them and edit the title of your thread to warn people of the necropsy pictures.

-Kathy

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  7. Lobzi

Yes Kathy, thank you. Ive sent a little girl in to UC Davis in the past but the necropsy results didnt shed light on anything. I thought it was time for me to learn by doing.

8. Lobzi

Ive edited posts but not titles. Ill just post the necropsy photos on a new thread.

9. Lobzi

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I agree, i look at all of the necropsy pictures that i can find posted. (I wanted to be a vet when i grew up!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by