Any suggestions for online chook supplies?

Miss Chook

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
Hi I'm in NSW Australia and we've just got 2 new little chicks (Star and Flower) to add to our brood of 7.
I'm really concerned about them as we have had 6 of our chooks die in the last few months. I think they are pretty unhealthy even though they are free range and are fed grain and kitchen scraps with fresh rainwater and have no predators except rats.
I dont want to lose these chicks and have been recommended to feed the chooks fresh wheatgrass juice.
Any other suggestions?
What sort of vitamins should I give them - what are they called?
And what is the name of the mite powder someone suggested getting?
And can anyone recommend a way I can get all this stuff online?
We have no shops here where I live and everything has to come by post.
Thanks!!

WELCOME TO BYC ! I have a few questions that may help you get to the root of your trouble. What type of grain are you feeding them? as chicks are they being fed starter feed or regular grain? Are they provided water or are they expected to find rain water? Do you provide heat for them as chicks. I am not sure of a good online store where thing would be affordable to ship to australia. Do you have a feed store nearby that could order some of these supplies for you? Have the birds that have died had any symptoms?

most farm supply stores have these....

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/searc...7RD4BT88Q83F4&keywords=chickens&cmkw=chickens

I usually get my stuff there. Don't know about shipping to Australia but they might.

This is from googling Australian livestock supply
http://www.aglinks.com.au/Livestock/Equipment/

I am sure there are others. Good luck

I use sevin dust for mites on the chickens.
Not sure on the vitamines but I would like to know!
wink.png

Ew, that's a tough one, definitely need more info. The only problem with health I have had was a tough one a while back, not sure what it was, but a few days of terramycin crumbles fixed it. My chickens definitely had some major symptoms though, we knew something was wrong, they all started looking like balls, like they lost their neck. The cowered down all the time. Are they acting strange? Is there a possibility that they may have gotten into something poisonous?

Back
Top Bottom