Any suggestions on trapping coyotes?

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
I have coyotes that are boldly wandering into my yard during the day and getting chickens. it has not been much of a problem this year since I thoroughly secured the fencing but I saw one coming into my yard, stalking along the fence, trying to find a way to get to the birds.

SO I think I need to be proactive. Any suggestions on how to catch a coyote without risking injury to my other animals?

I would suggest a snare trap if you cant or dont know how to use leg holds. You can buy large enough live traps but they arent the best animal to live trap (easyily I must say)

pips&peeps :

Do not trap them, shoot them.

I try to shoot them, and we got one last year, but i rarely carry a gun on me when in the garden and that is when I spot the blasted things​

Quote:
would the snare or leg trap hurt my cats if they get caught in it, or my dog if he takes off after one of the coyotes and get caught in a trap?

Quote:
would the snare or leg trap hurt my cats if they get caught in it, or my dog if he takes off after one of the coyotes and get caught in a trap?

Yes, I would think so. Probably break a cat's leg or maybe kill it if it's big & strong enough to catch and hold a coyote.

Have your dogs help and all of you could urinate around your coop/run area and/or around the perimeter of where you let the chix free range. It's supposed to keep coyotes away, it's free and worth a try anyway
smile.png

Quote:
It was suggested to me to do this ( and it worked)
Cage 1 chicken in a very safe cage, open area, safe to shoot.
sit on the porch and watch.
If you do this, They will come...

Back
Top Bottom