Any Trappers Out There?

We used to trap a long time ago, but a good friend of ours traps on our place and a few others for otter, coon, beaver(bounty) and some other stuff. The price of hides has gone down so much that a lot of people don't do it anymore.

Quote:
That would be great
big_smile.png

Quote:
I imagine you know all the tricks of the trade
wink.png

I am sorry kina busy this time of the year, yea I know a trick or 2 the main thing is not to bestow human traits on animals if you do not over think it trapping is easy, certain traps work better then others for certain species. I just picked up a coupla more ADC jobs this week folks wanting nutria rats gone I have been trapping a golf course word got out I am good at it LOL

Last edited:
I've been going after beaver and coons lately, but I will skin just about anything exept a rat or a possum.

I don't personally trap....yet...I wanted to when I was about 12 (I'm 26 now) but my dad didn't think I'd be able to since I love animals so much. I'm a girl but I'm not a always a wimp.
big_smile.png
I do go trapping with him as much as possible and have lots of pictures.
I love to hear about other people's trapping experience.

Quote:
By the time i figure up gas, supplies, and time i usually lose money
lol.png
But its something that i enjoy so i consider it a hobby. Just doing it is worth the expense and time for me.

I started last season, and everyday is like Christmas morning when you are going to check your line. Last year I caught 1 coyote, 1 red fox, 2 racoons, 4 grinners, 2 barn cats and three strays. This year I am hoping for my first bobcat, and more yotes, fox, and coon.
Once deer season is over, (Jan. 1) I will have the property to myself for two months, and I can not wait!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom