Any waterfowl hunters here? *graphic photos*

MEAT BIRDS?????
roll.png

yuckyuck.gif
yes! esp since it looks like you cooked it dutch oven style
wink.png
I have to wonder why if there are other hunting threads in Hobbies, dead animals and gun questions in Predators, how this ended up in Meat Birds? Weird. My family all hunt. My dad had to growing up in KY so made sure we learned. I have to say as an adult, the main reason for me is the dog training and working with the dogs.
smile.png

DHs pup @ 6mos, he is training her for ducks/geese and upland.
55743_img_0302.jpg

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Those birds probably never knew what hit them. They'll be used to feed a family, like any fowl that is raised for meat. They've lived a far different life than have ducks or chickens for that matter raised in factory conditions. I suppose the animal predators who kill other animals are kind and compassionate?

If it were not for the money invested in wildlife conservation by hunters, we would not have robust populations of deer, waterfowl and wild turkeys in the nation today. It's in the hunting community's best interest to make sure there is ample habitat for animals, if you think about it. Also, it's in their best interest if those populations of animals are healthy and well managed. That license money and other contributions goes to very good use.

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Those birds probably never knew what hit them. They'll be used to feed a family, like any fowl that is raised for meat. They've lived a far different life than have ducks or chickens for that matter raised in factory conditions. Infantile behavior is thinking that hunting responsibly is "senseless" and "childish" on a meat bird forum. I suppose the animal predators who kill other animals are kind and compassionate?

If it were not for the money invested in wildlife conservation by hunters, we would not have robust populations of deer, waterfowl and wild turkeys in the nation today. It's in the hunting community's best interest to make sure there is ample habitat for animals, if you think about it. Also, it's in their best interest if those populations of animals are healthy and well managed. That license money and other contributions goes to very good use.

good point i forgot about the license money
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Tastes like roast beef to us! Same with our Geese. All of our birds hit corn and bean fields and local rivers and lakes, not much of the saltwater stuff this far inland...and the majority are resident birds not migrators. I make jerkey from the divers we run in to!

Back
Top Bottom