Any waterfowl hunters here? *graphic photos*

Josh45640

Songster
9 Years
Apr 1, 2011
SE Ohio
Im so addicted to waterfowling that I barely hunt anything else anymore! I even skip deer season to duck hunt!
wee.gif

ducks.jpg

012.jpg

1-13-11ducks005.jpg

morningwood.jpg

tealclose.jpg

gooseopener09.jpg

Last edited:
My honey duck hunts! He loves it! I actually have two duck hunting dogs that know the difference between the "family ducks" (and chickens) and the ducks daddy shoots and wants them to go get.
lol.png

Nice job, the guys in the last photo look just like we do camo head to foot!!

Wildlife-- We all love fowl and hunting is the reason they are thriving. Hunters dollars go into habitat construction for all wildlife in WI.

Huting not only puts meat on my family's table, but it also keeps these wild fowl thriving. Do some research and see where the majority of all waterfowl conservation money comes from and let me know what you find out.
roll.png

edited to remove the feeding of the trolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Quoted for truth. The federal duck stamp program alone has raised over $750 million for habitat conservation and it goes directly to wild waterfowl (and every other animal and person that enjoys the habitat). Not to mention state run duck stamps, hunting licenses, sale of firearms, ammunition, and so on. This isn't even counting groups such as DU, Delta waterfowl, and so on. I sometimes wonder what people that would flame duck hunters have contributed.

This reaction on a board where many, many members harvest their own birds for food surprises me a little, but I also know many keep the birds as pets (I do) and seeing them harvested might be disturbing to some.

I respect that members might not want to see dead waterfowl, however- that is very understandable. But, perhaps, do note the title of the thread...

I have a deep respect for responsible hunting and hunters. I myself, though loathe to kill an ant, would like to have a hunting dog and land to hunt pheasant. As someone concerned with sustainability and the environment, I appreciate people who feed themselves and love to see how much of many hunting magazines and groups are dedicated to land restoration and preservation. That said, I personally do find hunters posing dramatically with their kills to be distasteful (especially large game that was shot from helicopters or with high powered, high tech rifles). It is something that does bother me, despite supporting hunting. So, I guess I can see where both sides are coming from. Adding the forum-suggested graphic photos tag, or something similar, might not be a bad idea. Not that I personally find them to be graphic...I just enjoyed hearing about the duck hunting much more than seeing the ducks being held up like ribbons at a fair, and can see how it would be bothersome to others.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom