Anybody has experience with idealpoultry.com ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WannaBeHillBilly, Jan 8, 2019.

1. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    I ordered my duckies from Murray McMurray and they shipped to western Maryland where we border WV. I hope they are reputable, my runner ducklings were nice and healthy when they arrived. We are considering getting more in the spring. Yes they are completely addictive!!!

WannaBeHillBilly and Miss Lydia like this.
  2. WannaBeHillBilly

WannaBeHillBilly Crossing the Road

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    I would have loved to order from MurrayMcMurray, Meyers, Strombergs, Metzers or any of the other well known hatcheries, but unfortunately they either don't have Magpie Ducks or they have conditions i cannot fulfill.

LlamaGirl4 likes this.
  3. WannaBeHillBilly

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    Thank you very much! - At least they ship out birds and it is not a fake web-site.

4. Michael Propst

Michael Propst Songster

Sep 12, 2017
    De Soto, KS 66018
    I ordered from Cackle Hatchery last year on the recommendation of a friend who has used them for over 6 years. Completely pleased with this company and their selection is second to none. https://www.cacklehatchery.com/

LlamaGirl4 likes this.
  5. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    well then boo. I hope you find what you are looking for and all is well

LlamaGirl4 and WannaBeHillBilly like this.
  6. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Addict

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    I wonder if there is a way you could split an order with someone on your states thread.......

I did that with the Stromberg chicks I got 2 years ago.

Just jumping outside the proverbial box.
    ;)

LlamaGirl4 and WannaBeHillBilly like this.
  7. learycow

learycow Crowing

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    thanks Miss Lydia!

If you don't have your heart set on magpies, I breed top quality anconas in all colors. They are a bit larger than magpies, more calm, lay more eggs, and are an absolute blast to have on any farm or homestead!

8. learycow

learycow Crowing

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Oh, and my minimum to ship safely (for warmth) is 6 or 3 if they are older

9. WannaBeHillBilly

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    I actually have my heart set on the Magpies (and Buffs and Cayugas and …), but like the Ancona Ducks too, but i am a bit worried that they may be overwhelmed with five "bitchy" Indian-Runners? (2 Drakes 3 Girls) I read that the Magpies are more lightweight and more like Runners than Ancona Ducks.
    Anyway, i must wait what my doctor will tell me tomorrow - i had an accident in December, will be on Short Term Disability for a while and thought »i can use that time to raise some ducklings…«. I will PM you tomorrow if that's OK with you?

Miss Lydia likes this.
  10. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    I buy all my ducks from ideal. They have been great. Last time I picked them up. Of course you can't go back into the facility but the front of the place was very clean,everybody had on clean suits. Ideal is quite a large shipper. I got my first flock from Metzers and to compare the two for me was
    Metzer
    Bigger ducks grew faster, laid faster. But more leg problems.
    Ideal
    Smaller ducks, smaller eggs, slower growing, never had a leg issue with an Ideal duck.:fl
    so I would recommend them definitely. I think the big smaller, slower growers were a bit easier to care for. But happy with both. They have the magpies now too. I am placing an order shortly and can't decide mail over pickup...

Robert G and WannaBeHillBilly like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: