Anybody has experience with idealpoultry.com ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WannaBeHillBilly, Jan 8, 2019.

1. WannaBeHillBilly

WannaBeHillBilly Crossing the Road

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    If i had the choice, i would pick'em up! Much less stressful for the little ones and you can start bonding with them on the way back home.

Miss Lydia and 21hens-incharge like this.
  2. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    I have heated seats in my truck. Never thought I would use them. But turned them on for the peepers ride home.

3. WannaBeHillBilly

WannaBeHillBilly Crossing the Road

Sep 2, 2018
    Big Chimney, WV
    My Coop
    C'mon! It is getting cold in Texas too! I always enjoyed my heated seats in January. I remember we even had snow in Houston once for 2 hours...

quackiemama likes this.
  4. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Oh no! I've ordered twice from them. The birds are fairly good quality. I've only had like 1 or 2 die in shipping.

WannaBeHillBilly likes this.
  5. learycow

learycow Crowing

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Certainly. I wish you a quick recovery!

Anconas are more docile and less skittish than runners. But they tend to get along with all breeds in my experience as long as you have an adequate male to female ratio overall

WannaBeHillBilly and Miss Lydia like this.
  6. CrystaBub

CrystaBub Introducing Rosy and Posy!

Mar 17, 2018
    Shenandoah Valley
    @WannaBeHillBilly - I think raising new babies is a great way to spend STD! :D I'm sorry you have to go through this though :hugs
    My Ancona was the last addition to my current flock - and she fit right in from day one with zero problems. She took to everyone and everyone took to her. It was miraculous. She and my Runner are best pals. She's calm, quiet (with the occasional really loud 'laugh quack' that makes me seriously LOL), inquisitive like my Runner, a great layer and just fun to watch. She's also the one most likely to eat anything that crosses her path - frog, mole, salamander - it doesn't matter. If its in her way, she'll eat it :D . Not to mention Anconas are just gorgeous. Pic below of my Ancona - she's not considered great stock but we still think she's pretty. I love them so much that I decided to get more this Spring - and this time from @learycow ! I can't wait!!!! :wee

966AE2CD-27F4-4D28-8164-A95B13D1281D.jpeg

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

:goodpost:

CrystaBub likes this.
  8. bluemerle

bluemerle Songster

Aug 11, 2018
    Northern Nevada
    @CrystaBub your girl is gorgeous!! Now I'm considering Anconas for the spring - like I needed more reasons to be indecisive!

WannaBeHillBilly and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. CrystaBub

CrystaBub Introducing Rosy and Posy!

Mar 17, 2018
    Shenandoah Valley
    Awww thanks - and hahaha I know how you feel! I went back and forth on breeds to get - what I've really decided is that I want at least one of every breed out there - my DH says we should call it a Duck zoo and charge admission so we can afford to feed them all! What he doesn't know is that I think that's the best idea EVER!!! :D

10. learycow

learycow Crowing

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    She's gorgeous and looks like she has quite the personality!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: