Anybody have pics of Black Star chicks/Hens?

Quote:
Mine are too. The females have a lot of buff leakage on their face and breasts. They seem to have sweet personalities. I like them.

The males though, woooo talk about some teenage attitude! The bars definitely have something to do with it! lol

Quote:
Pretty much. One of the roos is really white barred, like the one you just posted and the other is more black but still barred. Two cockerels and a pullet were stolen a while back! So I recently got 4 pure Buff Orps from the same guy (lives not far from here) and here's the most current pic of the newbies and the gentlest BSL pullet:
BuffChicks005.jpg

Unfortunately, I think at least 2, maybe 3 of the "replacement" buffs are cockerels. Looks like I might have a lot of processing to do and it should be fun when all these teenagers start crowing! EEEK! It's a little early yet, but I'm pretty sure on 2 of them. Anyway, the new coop is padlockable and they're locked in nowadays, at the sacrifice of them not being on grass.
somad.gif

I used to have 2 black stars, they were the sweetest chickens i have ever owned, sweeter than my silkies even. One died this year at the age of 10, the other died at the age of 1.

@Silkiechicken, Love the pic!! they look like they love the camera. My husband and I just bought some chickens and couldn't figure out what they were, another member suggested black sex-link and looking at your pic they look exactly like yours!! Very entertaining and fun:cd

I purchased chicks from Tractor supply. Supposed to be black astrolorps. Turns out they are black stars. They are black with rust coloring on neck and breast
Resembles spelling.

Back
Top Bottom