Anybody know about Greenfire Lavender Orpington eggs? $25-$30/egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
See original topic...I responded to the OP's questions and stated the facts about these birds and why they could potentially be fetching such a price.

No where in the OP do they make any accusations as have been made, the OP did not call him a cheat or a liar as someone else has. Because he bought from you does not mean he did not buy from someone else. I hardly doubt you have a exclusive on breeding birds and have no idea who has has been working a similar project. I do not announce my projects until I am ready to sell, and I do not notify that I have a work in progress. I tell exactly what I have for a sire and hens and let it go at that. But then I do not mislead anyone as to show quality. When Paul's site is back up I will look again but I believe he advertises as I do but stops short of claims of grandeur. I think clearly the person who has been wronged is Paul, I cannot get over someone naming a person by name and business name and commit slander. If I had done that I would be expecting a summons, but then I am smarter than that.

Quote:
Ok, got it, but when OP said she didn't get any more emails from Greenfire that should seem kinda fishy. There are honest people and dishonest people in this world and I think OP is asking for advice from people on here that she trusts. Give your best opinion but dont fight about it.

Quote:
Ok, got it, but when OP said she didn't get any more emails from Greenfire that should seem kinda fishy. There are honest people and dishonest people in this world and I think OP is asking for advice from people on here that she trusts. Give your best opinion but dont fight about it.

Greenfire is like me he gets 100's of emails a day, besides the routine of taking care of livestock it takes time to respond. I get on the computer between chores, and have less livestock than Paul, but I still get to it when I can.

Quote:

Greenfire is like me he gets 100's of emails a day, besides the routine of taking care of livestock it takes time to respond. I get on the computer between chores, and have less livestock than Paul, but I still get to it when I can.

Then just tell the OP that you had a great experience with him and to give him another call or write another email. Your opinion may change the OP's mind.

Quote:
I agree I thought the original issue was that "project" eggs were being sold as the finished project, not as a work in progress. It has evolved into a slamfest against Jody & Charlie......for what reason I'm not sure. Maybe the ones saying jealousy are the ones who are jealous. Jody and Charlie have nothing to be jealous over. They put loads of time and effort into their projects. Developing a new color is not a project that can be done in a year or one generation of birds but takes lots of dedication and patience.

If you don't want genetics "out there" you shouldn't sell them on ebay. You should carefully place them with trusted breeder friends...

Not to worry. This is exactly why I'm not selling.
big_smile.png
Because people like this convinced me they were a "breeder" and would help us continue to improve them. I wish him much success and hope they're working well in his sussex line too.​

Quote:

Then just tell the OP that you had a great experience with him and to give him another call or write another email. Your opinion may change the OP's mind.

I found this after accusations were already made, all of us need to learn patience in this day and age, and especially anybody taking care of animals should understand the work involved and the time consumption. People need to start with reasonable expectations to begin with, this is the time of year for people to hyperventilate over hatching eggs and it is their problem not the sellers. No matter what anybody thinks here Paul runs his own business and nobody here should tell him how to run it. Either do business with him or don't. This sense of entitlement that has swept our nation is making us a bunch of complaining babies, while the OP did nothing wrong with the post, there was no excuse for the other parties, he has a clear case should he feel the need to pursue it. Whether the birds are work in progress or not.

So when does the owner of the bird or eggs being sold get to decide when it isn't a project bird. That the bird is good enough as it is and those who purchase are on their own (as we all are) and it is now up to them as what to do with it?

A project could go on forever, always being "improved" upon. It was Lavender. It was an Orp.

Now a persons personal integrity is what will be the deciding factor in what they say to prospective customers. Integrity, honesty are not all that common anymore.

I bought my Lav Roo from Greenfire for a dollar, hence the name "Buck" Were they upset? Most likely. Did they ship him anyway? Yes they did. Was communication good. No, but they don't have to be.

My only gripe is that my trio of Light Sussex that I purchased at the same time ended up to be a pullet and 2 roos. It took awhile for me to believe that is what I received. I kept hoping (as I had never seen a light sussex before) that one of them must just be slower than the other.

When I finally had to admit that I had 2 roos and called, I was not treated well. They did offer to refund me the money for the hen, but not the shipping. I wanted 2 hens, not one.

There was no offer to ship another pullet at their expense as I would have thought a responsible breeder would do. So, I asked for eggs instead--willing to hatch some and get a girl or two. That in my opinion was fair, considering the time that was being wasted by not having what I originally had asked for--the other hen-- and having to incubate, hatch and grow it out.

I received 6 eggs. Hmmm Was that the price of a 4-6 week old Light Sussex pullet. Hardly. How many developed. 1. Lucky me, I did get another pullet, but it really was just luck. Not very generous when the mistake was theirs.

Shouldn't a responsible breeder know how to send a true trio if they advertise, sell and take the money for a trio? Shouldn't a responsible breeder know if they are or are not sending the correct birds? If not, then they shouldn't be selling at all.

Glad I finally got that off my chest. Now this thread will probably get closed

"I found this after accusations were already made, all of us need to learn patience in this day and age, and especially anybody taking care of animals should understand the work involved and the time consumption. People need to start with reasonable expectations to begin with, this is the time of year for people to hyperventilate over hatching eggs and it is their problem not the sellers. No matter what anybody thinks here Paul runs his own business and nobody here should tell him how to run it. Either do business with him or don't. This sense of entitlement that has swept our nation is making us a bunch of complaining babies, while the OP did nothing wrong with the post, there was no excuse for the other parties, he has a clear case should he feel the need to pursue it. Whether the birds are work in progress or not"

Althought I agree with you that he has the right to pursue what ever he likes with his birds, I always believe that honesty is the best policy...period! If he is being honest, then great! Let that be know to the OP. Don't worry about what anyone else says, because EVERYONE has a right to their personal opinion. That is what the OP was asking for...opinions. You gave yours and others gave theirs. End of story.

Be happy with your positive opinion of his work and let that stand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom