Anybody use Welp?

I ordered 25 straight run Dominiques from them last October. They sent 26, and they were quite active and hardy. As they matured, I'd say at least half started developing crooked toes, some so bad that they are effectively crippled. The barring on some is really muted and fuzzy, but that's minor compared to the bad feet.

I liked that they included shipping in their prices and that they are relatively close, but I don't think I'll be ordering from them again. This could have been an issue limited to their Dom source, but I've had good luck with others, so I'll just stick with what worked for me.

I have my order for spring in with them already
smile.png
That, and an order with Ideal for the first time.

My very first mail order experience was with Welp's, and it was excellent. I ordered 40 chicks last July, and all 40 arrived happy, healthy and peeping. No extras, but also do deaths, so all was good. I did lose one little guy within a few days, but it was the smallest "breed" of the bunch, and when I found him, he was flat. I think they all must have huddled, and the poor guy was at the bottom of the bunch.

I ordered with them, because when I got my very first chickens last spring, from the local farm supply store, I noticed the poster they had up by the brooders, and it was Welp's. I got the last 13 chicks there, and many of them turned out to be beautiful Buff Brahmas. All 13 were raised up strong and healthy, even with two little boys (and sometimes friends!) were handling them often, lol!

Back
Top Bottom