Anyone’s Fall chicks this year start laying yet - Updated

Sheltiepawz

Songster
Sep 16, 2019
Deep South Louisiana
Anxiously waiting for our first eggs!!!Our fall chicks were 20 weeks yesterday. 2 barred rocks, 2 buff Orpingtons, a gold laced Wyandotte and one silver laced Wyandotte. Wondering if anyone has any ladies that have blessed them yet. We love our ladies so much!

Attachments

• 8543F991-3435-4A58-AFD1-BA290AB1982A.jpeg
    8543F991-3435-4A58-AFD1-BA290AB1982A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
2 of my 3 late summer/fall chicks have started! Roxy a GLWyandotte started at 24 weeks old (2 weeks ago), Gemma an EE started at 23 weeks old (last week), and I'm still waiting on Sally another EE. Should be soon!
Yay! How exciting for you:wee:wee:wee

I love our gold laced wynadotte. Her wattles remind me of big earrings.
5315F195-77D0-4B9A-BEDA-5C707FD93B2F.jpeg
She hates to be picked up, but always flies up to our laps to get petted if we sit in a chair.

Anxiously waiting for our first eggs!!!Our fall chicks were 20 weeks yesterday. 2 barred rocks, 2 buff Orpingtons, a gold laced Wyandotte and one silver laced Wyandotte. Wondering if anyone has any ladies that have blessed them yet. We love our ladies so much!
3 of 6 of mine are laying. One gold sex link that started at 20 weeks, one EE at 23, another mystery layer at 24 which I suspect is a buff brama. Waiting on another brama and EE. The barred rock ended up being a roo so I’ll most likely be buying more chicks in the next month. Good luck, hope you get an egg soon!!

Mine are. I got 10 new chicks Sept 3rd or 4th and their first eggs started Jan 9th, so I think that's roughly 16 or 17 weeks. (Still working on my first cup of coffee this morning so I can't count yet :caf)

As of yesterday I know at least 8 of them are laying, maybe 9. One or two have smaller wattles and appear less mature than the rest so that would makes sense.
Beautiful GLWs! I've had a few GLW and SLW before and love me some laced feathers.

Back
Top Bottom