Anyone care to make a guess what they are?

GrumpyOldMan

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
SE Louisiana
Wife got them from the feed store when they were hatchlings. They were supposed to be two Blue Swedish hens. As they aged we thought maybe Cayugas. Now we’re thinking Indian Runner hen and Crested Cayuga drake. They are approximately 8 weeks now.

And yes I know the pictures SUCK.
idunno.gif
Looks like I’m as good at taking pictures as picking ducks and geese.
hide.gif

Squeaks
Squeaks1a.jpg

Poof
Poof1a.jpg

SqueaksPoof1a.jpg

SqueksPoof2a.jpg

SqueaksPoof3a.jpg

New. Better? Picks.

Squeks-a-1.jpg

Poof-a-1.jpg

SqueaksPoof-a-1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that Squeaks looks like a hatchery indian runner, and while i've never seen a crested cayuga, Poof does remind me of a cayuga. I can't help on sex as neither have drake tails...So if it quacks good and clear - girl. if its raspy quacking - boy.
wink.png
or in a few weeks you see the curly tail feathers coming in. It shouldn't be long at all usually around week 10 you should be seeing tail feathers curling. maybe a bit later, but I started seeing it in mine about week 10-12.
smile.png

Nice looking duck's.Crested's have been bred with many non crested over the year's.I had some Awesome color one's.I didn't breed for show or the like just the different color's.Squeak's looks like a Cayuga mix to me though.
thumbsup.gif

I agree with poster on indian runner because she has a high carriage, but not nearly high enough in a good 'breeder/standard" quality. I have seen many ducks that are runners but don't have a high carriage at all...Squeaks may be runnerXcayuga though. one never knows
wink.png

BTW! Squeaks is the duckling that had half it’s face and upper bill ripped of by a cat three weeks ago. It’s amazing how these little critters heal up.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom