Anyone Collect Antiques? (Pics)

usschicago1

Suburban Cochins
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Taunton, MA
I would love to see pictures !
I collect poultry antiques. I probably have gone too far, I have spent hundreds on collecting, magazines, old APA books (just got one from 1903!) feeders , really anything and everything poultry.
What do you collect?
EDIT:
Since there was no interest on this Particular Topic, I broadened it to A General Antique thread!

Last edited:
Here is an old Raggedy Ann Book:
38859_100_1908.jpg

And Here is a Couple Poultry Tribune
38859_100_3031_00.jpg

38859_100_3021_00.jpg

Not so much chicken related things, but when I was 18 and just moved out, my mom sent me all the junk out of her cupboards, including a milk glass ashtray, with a dogwood flower in the center. Just to give me something to focus on when I was in second hand stores, antique store, I'd look for milk glass and slowly added pieces. Now I'm running out of room so not buying anymore.
Also had a landlady and her sister who moved to AZ. When they were packing they gave me several pieces of copper, that they had bought decades ago in Europe. I've added a few of my own, both old and new. Running out of room there as well. Lol
I'm thinking my next collection will be antique/collectible green glass dinnerware, nothing matching.
Here's a picture of one end of my kitchen:

15498_img_0193.jpg

I love the picture of the kitchen. I have always loved that glass too, I have one peice that was my Moms. I also really like the way you have displayed it.

To the OP I had that Raggedy Ann book when I was a kid
love.gif
Still have my doll. I have a few antique pieces but no room to display them in this tiny place. Hopefully someday
fl.gif

Keep the pictures coming
ya.gif

During my first marriage, my ex and I were antique dealers. When we split, I started selling at antique flea markets, then auctioning. Rightnow I had to downsize, so I collect only salt and pepper shakers, mostly figural. And any art that may catch my eye
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom