Anyone Collect Antiques? (Pics)

Quote:
Oh yea. I'm watching Pawn Stars right now.
gig.gif

Quote:
These are Victorian style folding tapestry back sewing rockers. Originally designed to fold and fit into a wardrobe or slide under the bed until needed. These were very popular with ladies quilting bees, sewing clubs and such. The "tapestry" is not a real tapestry, but a woven imatation. The lack of arms defines it as a sewing rocker as it leaves elbow room for doing needlework. Most are made of Mahogany although I have seen them in Rosewood and Walnut. They were made starting around the mid 1800's and are still being made today.

If you could post a picture of yours including a picture of the bottom of the seat and and "folding" hardare, I can give you a pretty good guess at who made them and when. My wife is the appraiser, but I've sold hundreds of these over the past 30 years.
idunno.gif

Inherited a colbalt eye washer
I know its over 40yrs old and the china even older,
any one know what the worth?
blue and white English johnson Bros.chippendale china set.
with 1 round veg bowls. and two oval bowls

We went antiquing this weekend. Lucky me I have the biggest Antique Mall in the Southeast (80,000 sqft!!)
Then we have a TON smaller ones surrounding. What I love about them all is they are all in Old historic buildings. I love my community
love.gif

I would totally work at one
smile.png

Anyways this weekend I we went in one in loganville and bought a trike. I say its from the 1970s, my SO and his brother say earlier.
We paid $30 for it and plan on sand blasting, painting and polishing the metal out and giving it to the kids.
Ive never seen one before...
Anyone have any idea on the date?
Trike.jpg

oh... and I watch American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and American Restorations (rick dale =
droolin.gif
)
In case anyone didnt know you can watch them online @ History.com
wink.png

Last edited:
Hey sara! nice trike. I dont know much about them. I just found "American Pickers" on netflix last night, (we dont have cable so I dont get to watch the cable stuff til it comes out on netflix). Im on episode 3 and they buy alot of antique automobiles, bicycles and motor bikes. Pretty interesting. Now about this 80k squ foot antique mall....Where is it exactly, whats it called? Im in North Jax and Im going to Savannah for my bday labor day. I want to put this on my Got to GO list!

Back
Top Bottom