Anyone concerned about the Swine Flu that owns pigs???

I wouldn't be worried. I've had my little Maddie Pig for almost a year. She even came over from HI no problems! I know this is off topic of swine flu but PLEASE, if you've never had a pig, do your homework first
smile.png
. They are wonderful but can take some getting used to at first. Plus, a lot of people don't realize just how big they actually get... Even a "mini" pig will get bigger than what I'd consider mini, unless you get into the specific bloodlines, which is why I went to HI for my baby girl... Please take a look at my site if you'd like to see pics - you'll find Maddie's piggy page on there
smile.png
the breeders website that I got maddie at is islandforest.com... So anyway, have fun if you do get a piggy they are wonderful!!

Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head with the pork industry bit. The nation's pork producers don't want to see a drastic drop in price due to a disease that can not be transmitted by eating pork. Also remember that many of the corperate farms are government subsadised which means if pork prices drop the gov't looses money as well.

Back
Top Bottom