Anyone do a skin biopsy on their duck?

Pics
Sprinkled throughout the straw in their night area and run, and occasionally on the sand as well. Seems like it usually sunk to the bottom of the floor, but I ended up scooping out quite a bit when I took out all the straw. I've been sprinkling it for four months!

Sprinkled throughout the straw in their night area and run, and occasionally on the sand as well. Seems like it usually sunk to the bottom of the floor, but I ended up scooping out quite a bit when I took out all the straw. I've been sprinkling it for four months!
Do ducks dig down into bedding like chickens do?

Mine do. Not sure if it's just like chickens, but they dig around with their beaks looking for food and make little nests for themselves by pushing the straw around.

I just had a thought (sorry if it's been mentioned already), what about the possibility of this being dermatitis caused by a vitamin deficiency?

@casportpony Thanks for mentioning. I don't feel that it's a strong possibility. They were eating fermented whole grain food and mid way through the trouble I switched them to pellets because it seemed like a lot was being wasted with the whole grains and fines, and I didn't want them lacking vitamins. Didn't seem to make a difference. Also gave vitamin B complex off and on through the months, plus nutri-drench, and fresh veggies. I appreciate any ideas! She's not getting better but not worse.

Back
Top Bottom