Anyone "DUE" the 11th? (lol) CANDLING PICS ADDED PG 2

That incubator is a new (4month old) Little Giant Incubator. I got it at Tractor Supply.
That turner I borrowed from a friend, but I believe it's a much older LG auto turner.
It works great but the metal parts get hot..so I burn myself sometimes..
lol no big deal.

I have 3 white laced cornish
9 barred rock
10 delaware
due to hatch the 10th

then I have 9 white rocks that are due the 14th
big_smile.png

I candled tonight, its day 13 (I won't be able to candle day 14).

I lost two buff orpingtions, one cuckoo marans, and one grocery store egg. There was a questionable marans egg I left in the bator, I think it had veins (maybe light ones), but the embyro didn't look quite right compared to the others. I'm thinking it possibly died recently.

So here are my totals, along with the starting totals.

Black australorps 11/13.

Buff Orps 3/7

Cuckoo marans including the ?, 7/9

store bought fertile 7/11.

TOTAL eggs in bator now : 28

Would like to add that I opened up the quitters...At least 3 of the 4 had bacterial infections I think. Two smelled just a little so I'm glad I didn't leave them in the bator to turn into stink bombs.

how much do you have to have the humidity for chicken eggs and on the last 3 days what humidity do you have to have?

For days 1-18 hum. should be around 40-45%
for days 18-hatch hum. should be 65%
That is what has worked for me.
Right now My hm. is low because I'm trying dry incubation where the hum for the first 18 days is around 30%

I'm excited..the hatch day is getting closer!!!
smile.png

Just found this thread lol
I have 12 due to hatch on the 10th.
11 of them are Welsummers that I got from a fellow BYCer, AussieSharon!!!!
1 of the eggs is a mutt egg I grabbed from one of my girls to make it an even 12.
I candled the other night and it looks like 4 of the welsummer eggs are clear. I will check them again tonight for sure. I will try to post pics of the candleing.!! WOOT I am excited to be hatching with people again!!!
smile.png
smile.png

I guess I could jump in here also. I have two batches. I have one with Cuckoo Marans and Welsummers due on the 12th. And then I have one set of SLW and two mutts due on the 16th. My first batch are from poultrylady here. So far I have only 4 out of 6 developing from the Marans and 7 out of 8 on the Welsummers. They had a rough time coming here though as the package had a ding and two of the Marans eggs were not just broke, but smashed. So I am happy to see something happening. My mutts and SLW from The Farmers Wife on here are all developing. I have 7 SLW. My kids wanted some from their favorite pair of chickens we have here so the mutts are from our Cuckoo Marans hen and our Speckled Sussex Roo. Guess I will have my hands full next week! LOL Haven't hatched anything since the quail stopped laying in September, so this is fun.

Day 13.............

We candled again tonight to see how things were. We still have 5 swimming babies.

We decided to pull the "duds" out and do an eggtopsy. We had one quitter that was a small embryo with a dot for an eye. Not sure what day but pretty early. Egg2 was just a blob and yolk. Egg 3+4 had a little blood in it, but nothing else. Egg 5,6, +7 seemed to be infertile.

Not a great turn out, but I'll take it. I'm just glad they did something. Next Saturday is the due date

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom