Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

Seven days from today and we'll be receiving our first chicks ever......3 speckled sussex, 3 golden comets, and 2 easter eggers. Brooder is ready to go....now I just need to fight off the urge to pick up some chicks from TSC before next Monday.

I got mine today! Got them all settled in and had to come to work. I almost called in sick... they are just that much fun to watch!

YES!!! Mine won't be here until the end of April :( First time out, so researching and planning the coop is keeping me entertained in the mean time. Can't wait!

You all warned me!!! One week until our first chicks are due to arrive, and I couldn't resist temptation....I nowhave 4 silkies shipping on Wednesday. Chicken math is real...isn't it.

I was going to be doing the wait until Friday, but this past Saturday I popped out to the feed store to buy my heat lamp and double-check my order and found out that TODAY is chick day.

Of course, I'll be doing the OMGCHICKENS dance all morning since they won't be in until around 1 PM...

The silkies shipped this morning and are guaranteed to be here by 3:00 tomorrow.
wee.gif
Then the golden comets, speckled sussex, and EEs will be here Monday.
yippiechickie.gif

I posted this on another thread about waiting for chicks, but what the heck, I'll post here too, lol! I've got 8 chicks coming the week of April 9th, and I can't wait!!! This isn't my first time getting new chicks, but it is just as exciting!!! I have to order chicks that are vaccinating, otherwise, I would already be doing the new chickie dance from getting chicks at the feed store. Some of the breeds I am getting, I've never had before, so that makes it more exciting for me!!

Wow, I never knew that I wasn't the only one out there impatiently waiting for my chickies! I even went ahead and got 6 buckeye babies from a breeder (couldn't resist!) almost 2 weeks ago and still have 24 more coming the weeks of April 30th and June 4th. Also, I had a friend of a friend give me a lone survivor TSC chick that she couldn't stand to keep by herself! I had to convince my fiance to build the coop twice as big as we had originally planned and we are getting ready to finish up the grow out brooder in the coop to move my buckeye babies too. Since someone asked for pics I will include several for you all to drool over!

Back
Top Bottom