Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

CONGRATS! I am SO JEALOUS! I am supposed to get my chicks this week some time! I am SO excited! It will be the first time I have had chickens since I was a child. I hope having chickens is as fun as it was when I was young. Sometimes things aren't quite as we remember. My husband still isn't thrilled about the idea. He has never been around chickens or a farm. I wonder how he is going to fit into the "chicken world"? I bet he falls head over heels in love with them....IF he gives them a chance!

Ugh, yes!!!!!!!!!! My 4 chicks are coming in April too. We got them from the tractor supply store...! I have 12 right now- and we're getting rid of the rooster, so we'll have 15 chickens. But I CAN'T wait... I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got two Easter Eggers, one Rhode Island Red, and one Grey Leghorn coming!

I have much longer to wait. Mine aren't coming from MyPetCHicken till the middle of MAY!!!!! I waited to long to order! My coop is about half done. I've ordered 2 Buff Orpingtons. 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Barred Plymouthrock and 1 Siver Laced Wyandotte. Six total.

Designing and building the coop has kept me busy the last week or so. I hope I hear from the breeder today! She ships out on Tuesday every week. I am supposed to be next on the list!
@ Chicken Frenzy......Why are you getting rid of your rooster? I have been trying to decide if I am going to keep a rooster. Did he cause problems?

That's so terrible! About the postage thing, I mean. It must have been devastating.

I've never had chicks posted or shipped. I'm a little leery of posting/shipping any alive, especially something so fragile as chicks. I suppose it limits my options as far as breeds go, but I usually purchase from my area, except once when I purchased from a breeder about 2 hours drive away, because we were heading up that direction anyway.

Luckily I have a pretty good Grain and Fodder shop about 20 minutes away (positively close for my area) which stocks lots of different breeds from time to time - I drop in every two weeks or so to see what they have!

26 to be shipped April 2nd. Coop nearly done. They will be brooded in the coop as they are to be the first I've had in 30 years. And the first ever day olds.

Can't wait!!!! Just have to be satisfied looking at all yours until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week I guess. I've always been a patient man, but this chicken thing......................
jumpy.gif

henry

I have to get chicks for my school project at the end of april and all I can do know is dream about them and do tons of research on chicks. I already have there names picked out Marley, Bobby, Chicklet and Daisy , they are Barred plymouth rocks are those cickens friendly?
jumpy.gif

I know! I am not at ALL patient! My poor husband has had to listen to it for weeks! Today is the day I find out if my chicks ship or if it will be next week. I am going to TSC this morning to do all the "chick supply shopping"! I am estatic!
wee.gif

I have to get chicks for my school project at the end of april and all I can do know is dream about them and do tons of research on chicks. I already have there names picked out Marley, Bobby, Chicklet and Daisy , they are Barred plymouth rocks are those cickens friendly?
jumpy.gif

I am not sure about barred plymouth rocks...... you can type it into the search on BYC and it will search for threads on Barred Plymouth Rock.

Designing and building the coop has kept me busy the last week or so. I hope I hear from the breeder today! She ships out on Tuesday every week. I am supposed to be next on the list!
@ Chicken Frenzy......Why are you getting rid of your rooster? I have been trying to decide if I am going to keep a rooster. Did he cause problems?

Well, yes. He's been attacking me, and he is an egg eater. Also, all of the hens just aren't accepting him.

Back
Top Bottom